PDA

View Full Version : Savage Axis Misfire

Drussell445
02-17-2021, 11:55 PM
Hi I have axis(labeled edge)in .308Win that I have had for a while. I put a Boyd’s stock on the gun as well as a Timmney trigger. The gun had been great to me able to touch steel out to 500yards no problem, one day I was shooting with some buddies of mine and I loaded the gun went to turn the bolt down into battery and bam it fired. I had never had any problems with it until this time. I then tried to load another round thinking maybe it it was just a bad primer or something weird and it fired again same thing two times in a row. I don’t know what could be doing this the trigger is adjusted to 3-3.5 pounds and didn’t think that was too light for a gun to do such a thing, but any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

kkeene
02-18-2021, 01:06 AM
Might be a broken firing pin.

celltech
02-18-2021, 07:09 AM
Pull it out of the action and cycle the bolt while watching the sear. Is it failing to catch? Or maybe there is something interfering with the stock...

Drussell445
02-18-2021, 11:15 AM
I have shot the rifle since and has done it and hasn’t it’s not an every time thing, which is weird. I will have to take it apart when I get back home and give it a look through thanks for the help.

Phreddie30.06
02-20-2021, 01:36 PM
Pull it out of the action and cycle the bolt while watching the sear. Is it failing to catch? Or maybe there is something interfering with the stock...My vote is the sear has a problem. Don't shoot it till you get it repaired.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk