PDA

View Full Version : Scratchy B22 Bolt.

Iowa Fox
02-17-2021, 01:38 AM
Just curious if anyone else has a rough scratchy feeling B22 bolt when you lift it after firing. I've had the bolt apart to tw25 it but the machining marks are more than I really want to try polishing out. I have a hunch they are all like this after looking at it.

Fasteddie01
02-17-2021, 10:38 AM
I've had my B22 bolt apart, to round the guide for the cocking pin per the Ytube videos by Miles Sun ( Miles Sun - Savage B22 Bolt Action Problem Part1 show problem - YouTube ) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1dzc9dYhw0) ( 'Cay' posted a similar vid 4 months later, after Miles did his) I didn't see any major machining marks on mine that would cause your prob. Maybe you got a problem child? I did find that the slot on the recvr (where the bolt locks down) had a 'sharp edge' like the cocking pin channel, so I rounded that a tiny bit - maybe that's what you're feeling? If that's not the prob, I'd look inside the receiver, there may be a burr inside there? I use 1000g paper to 'polish' anything that bothers me, like that cocking pin. Definitely NOT a File ! As well, J.Baker has a Y-tube vid on dis-assembly that may give you some more ideas. The vids that 'Cay' posted about magazine probs, I believe are relevant to 'early model' B22s as I haven't seen recent complaints about that issue. JMO -YMMV
Good luck with your issue,
Ed

Caliper
04-09-2021, 10:18 AM
Mine is pretty smooth, but I worked the action in with some polishing compound before I even took it to the range.