PDA

View Full Version : Sellier and Bellot Primers

Bill2905
02-16-2021, 06:33 PM
Does anyone have experience using Sellier and Bellot small rifle primers? I have seen them mentioned in several local trade offerings. I don't know much about them other than that they are imported. I have seen a fair amount of their pistol ammo on store shelves over the past few years.

Ted_Feasel
02-16-2021, 06:51 PM
Does anyone have experience using Sellier and Bellot small rifle primers? I have seen them mentioned in several local trade offerings. I don't know much about them other than that they are imported. I have seen a fair amount of their pistol ammo on store shelves over the past few years.I've used them, bought a box of 1k and had zero complaints.. dont know how they rank in consistency to BR or other CCI but they did seem to perform as well as others without really putting them through controlled testing.. put it this way, if I wasn't set already I would not have issues buying them or wolf

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

wbm
02-16-2021, 09:43 PM
_;

KMW1954
02-17-2021, 12:08 AM
Have never used the rifle primers but have loaded and shot thousands of both large and small pistol primers. S&B has not imported any primers into the USA for over 3 years. Sure wish they would start again!

Iowa Fox
02-17-2021, 01:30 AM
About 4 years ago or so now Cabella's would run them on sale for 18-19 dollars a K. I tried the large rifle and liked them. The last shortage Wolf, Tula, and S&B came in and took the edge off.

Fuj'
02-17-2021, 08:00 AM
S&B's LR primers were highly sought after, and the main primer
over the BR2's in Europe's bench rest crowd. Again what was
mentioned about imported. The last administration did us no
favors in that respect and that includes many of the top powders
coming by boat.

jpx2rk
02-17-2021, 08:30 AM
I use them in one favorite load for 223, seemed to shoot a bit better groups with the S&B's, not much but better groups. I've got 3 or 4K, would get them at Cabelas as well for $20/K.

Bill2905
02-17-2021, 05:38 PM
Everyone sounds pretty positive about them. I won't shy away if I get an opportunity to trade for some as long as they look like they were well cared for. Thanks for the feedback.