PDA

View Full Version : Using Bottom Release Angled Trigger Guard In Top Release 111 Project???

Rattleakak
02-12-2021, 05:38 AM
I really like the looks of the bottom release angled trigger guard and would like to incorporate it in to my current 111 7mm RM top release build. Is the spacing the same as with the OEM 111 trigger guard? Having to hand fit the part is not a problem just want to make sure the hole spacing is the same and there is not other problems with trigger spacing geometry etc.

Thanks fellas!

jpdown
02-12-2021, 12:03 PM
The hole spacing is the same. The older top bolt bolt release trigger guards have a thin front lip. The new 110 angled trigger guards on the tactical (TBR) do not have a BBR hole in front, but do have a thick front lip to work with the thinner back lip on the standardized metal DBM frame assembly. Finding one for sale may be a challenge. I’d call Savage Arms first to see if you can purchase one

Rattleakak
02-12-2021, 06:57 PM
The hole spacing is the same. The older top bolt bolt release trigger guards have a thin front lip. The new 110 angled trigger guards on the tactical (TBR) do not have a BBR hole in front, but do have a thick front lip to work with the thinner back lip on the standardized metal DBM frame assembly. Finding one for sale may be a challenge. I’d call Savage Arms first to see if you can purchase one

Thanks for the response, that was the first step and initial info I needed. I found a stainless one and went ahead and ordered it up. I'll get it in my hands and see what machining needs to be done to make it fit. Any idea if the width is the same?

Rattleakak
02-22-2021, 04:45 AM
Got the trigger guard and its design made it impossible to machine to fit. So I adjusted the depth of the rear pillar, did some minor inletting and Devcon bedded it and it fits perfectly. The guard was for a bottom release, but I removed the release mechanism and though there is a hole in the front it looks good. The stock will be refinished soon. Waiting on my bolt to be fluted and barreled action to come back from cerakoting. Should shoot well and look really nice.

GaCop
02-22-2021, 09:37 AM
Good work!

Rattleakak
05-07-2021, 10:01 PM
Went ahead and just ordered a B&C M40, inletted the underside of the rear pillar and rear trigger guard screw and bedded with Devcon. Turned out wonderful.

Robinhood
05-08-2021, 12:26 AM
Sexy!