PDA

View Full Version : CCI-400 primers available

Pages : [1] 2

Texas10
02-11-2021, 12:53 AM
Just checked (at 10:45 PM Wed) one of the bot websites for primer availability, and found CCI-400's for $325.00 per 1000 at some off brand supply!!!!
That's 10X normal price just a few months ago.

I'm beginning to wonder if not Wall Street has infiltrated into the reloading supplies market.

Robinhood
02-11-2021, 01:35 AM
Or the 5 million new reloaders are grabbing/hording everything. It is my belief that what is going on is price gouging I would like to know who is creating the demand and who in the chain starts the abnormal pricing.

Fuj'
02-11-2021, 08:48 AM
Robinhood is the blame !! LOL (Just bustin') I followed a little bit
what the kids are capable of using a cell phone and Robinhood. Driving
Wall Street nuts.

Something else is going on here fellas and I doubt it's Wall Street.

charlie b
02-11-2021, 09:54 AM
I suspect you will start to find quite a few 'off brand' suppliers start showing up on the web. They buy up everything they can and then resell at the huge markup.

Cheaper than Dirt was penalized for that recently.

Idaho
02-11-2021, 12:55 PM
Price gougers suck. We need to remember who they are and refuse to do business with them when things get back to normal.

Patrad
02-11-2021, 01:43 PM
Price gougers suck. We need to remember who they are and refuse to do business with them when things get back to normal.

"get back to normal"

More accurate way to say it might be "IF" they get back to "NORMAL". Yeah, I'm both cynical and skeptical!

Bill2905
02-11-2021, 03:23 PM
I check the classifieds daily at another site I am a member of looking for someone local who wants to trade A for B. Many plainly state that if they have what you need but you don't have something they need, you are going to pay them the going rate. For primers, that rate is currently $250 per thousand. They speak of their goods as though it is the treasure that will secure their future in this world. I will keep shooting but less frequently until my supplies get so low and then I will just hunker down. I will find a new hobby before I pay some hoarder/gouger a dime.

pighunter284
02-12-2021, 04:34 AM
check gunbrokers prices on them. almost fell of the chair

Patrad
02-12-2021, 09:35 AM
Hard to believe the current prices, for sure. And to think that at last months fun show, I laid a cussing on a dude that had primers @ $100/1k! He just shrugged his shoulders and said "If ya need 'em you'll pay it". I'm with Bill2905.

charlie b
02-12-2021, 06:02 PM
I wonder who it is that "needs" primers at that kind of price?

I guess from what I can tell it won't be that long until we can get them. Every time I go in the local Sportsmans there is more and more ammo available.

Bill2905
02-12-2021, 09:57 PM
I wonder who it is that "needs" primers at that kind of price?

I guess from what I can tell it won't be that long until we can get them. Every time I go in the local Sportsmans there is more and more ammo available.

I perceive some small signs of easing but I think we have a long ways to go. When the pandemic begins to ease up, a lot of Johnny come lately gun owners will forget about their new toys and go back to whatever it was they were doing before.

pighunter284
02-13-2021, 04:33 AM
that and there will be a ton of reloading gear up for cheap if things like hr 127 dont get through

GaCop
02-15-2021, 09:49 AM
I check the classifieds daily at another site I am a member of looking for someone local who wants to trade A for B. Many plainly state that if they have what you need but you don't have something they need, you are going to pay them the going rate. For primers, that rate is currently $250 per thousand. They speak of their goods as though it is the treasure that will secure their future in this world. I will keep shooting but less frequently until my supplies get so low and then I will just hunker down. I will find a new hobby before I pay some hoarder/gouger a dime. :thumb::thumb:

JeepsAndGuns
02-15-2021, 01:35 PM
that and there will be a ton of reloading gear up for cheap if things like hr 127 dont get through

I doubt they will be cheap. When someone pays $100-200+ for 1k primers, you think they are going to post them up for sale for $40?

big honkin jeep
02-15-2021, 11:21 PM
Think I'll play a little "devils advocate"

Sorta reminds me of a sign in one of my favorite barbecue joints that says

" I have no quarrel with those who sell for less, They know what their stuff is worth."

If a man owns something outright bought and paid for, then it's his and belongs solely to him. If he decides to sell and puts a price on it well then that's his price.
If you don't want to pay his price, then you've got options.
Move on and find it at a price you're willing to pay, improvise, do without, or quit bellyaching and pay the man and be glad he had what you needed and put a price on it when no one else would or could.
Aint nobody twisting your arm.
:behindsofa:

Fuj'
02-16-2021, 07:39 AM
$100 bucks a thousand for BR2's would not be that bad, and I would
buy them with no added costs. Before this crisis hit, my BR2's were
running near that, after taxes, shipping and hazmat.

Patrad
02-25-2021, 09:16 AM
$100 bucks a thousand for BR2's would not be that bad, and I would
buy them with no added costs. Before this crisis hit, my BR2's were
running near that, after taxes, shipping and hazmat.

I agree that $100/K for the BR's isn't really too bad, but these I saw were just plain old CCI standard.

charlie b
02-25-2021, 08:30 PM
Am glad I don't have to pay hazmat fees. The local Sportsman's Warehouse or the Cabela's in El Paso usually have what I need during normal times.

I use a lot of Federal Match primers just because they are cheaper than the BR2's. I got 1000 of them just last month, for $30.

PhilC
02-26-2021, 11:26 AM
If a man owns something outright bought and paid for, then it's his and belongs solely to him. If he decides to sell and puts a price on it well then that's his price.
If you don't want to pay his price, then you've got options.
Move on and find it at a price you're willing to pay, improvise, do without, or quit bellyaching and pay the man and be glad he had what you needed and put a price on it when no one else would or could.
Aint nobody twisting your arm.
:behindsofa:
Sometimes really wish the like button still worked. :thumb:

lastedtiger
02-27-2021, 05:18 PM
Never seen a brick of BR2/ BR4 under $80 except in Ontario.
Do those sellers on GB actually have permits to ship Hazmats?