PDA

View Full Version : Reloading componets

Monkeymaster
02-07-2021, 08:06 PM
Hello,
Sooooo
With the ammo and reloading componets being scarce as honest politicians, and all the bs stories and therorys about ammo and componets not going to us reloaders, I was curious as to what you have gotten sent to you lately, and when it was ordered ?
I have several things on backorder but have not received anything, this is to serve as a informative post, for those of us patiently waiting, and to inform everyone as to what is actually being shipped out to us minions.
Something like...

Got large rifle primers today, ordered 7 weeks ago.
Ect
Ect

Thanks in advance

GaCop
02-08-2021, 08:22 AM
I recently scored 200 .30 caliber 175 grain Sierra Match King Bullets from Scheel's. Their prices are very reasonable. I ordered the bullets about a week ago and they showed up Saturday.

Jester560
02-08-2021, 10:13 AM
I ordered 3500 9mm 147gr bullets from Summit City Bullets on 1-22 and they are to be shipped today.
Last week on Monday, I ordered a 9mm comp and a threaded barrel for my SFx and received both by Thursday.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Fuj'
02-09-2021, 08:27 AM
As for powder and primers.....I have 7 primary web sites for these 2
components. As of the run last night; Nothing. A few sites are marking
"No Back Orders". A few are even pulling product names off stock lists.

Funny thing about bullets !! I can always find what I need. I did run into
a problem looking for 7mm Speer TNT's to test this Spring in a target
rifle. Called Speer direct, and they are sending me a lot of 600. Just said
about 20 day's to my door.....Everything else is good. I dis-owned Uncle
Larry years ago and most my inventory comes from Mid South Shooters
Supply. I do not back order any thing. I only cash out if it's in stock. Takes
10 days from them to me. Last order was a week ago. Was here in 3 days.
I must have bought the last 10 pounds of tumbling Cob on the planet.

Orezona
02-09-2021, 06:03 PM
As for powder and primers.....I have 7 primary web sites for these 2
components. As of the run last night; Nothing. A few sites are marking
"No Back Orders". A few are even pulling product names off stock lists.

Funny thing about bullets !! I can always find what I need. I did run into
a problem looking for 7mm Speer TNT's to test this Spring in a target
rifle. Called Speer direct, and they are sending me a lot of 600. Just said
about 20 day's to my door.....Everything else is good. I dis-owned Uncle
Larry years ago and most my inventory comes from Mid South Shooters
Supply. I do not back order any thing. I only cash out if it's in stock. Takes
10 days from them to me. Last order was a week ago. Was here in 3 days.
I must have bought the last 10 pounds of tumbling Cob on the planet.

I agree with the Uncle Larry statement and I like MidSouth for most of my business. The whole, Uncle Larry nitro shipping that hands off to the USPS is junk.

Bill2905
02-10-2021, 09:05 PM
I buy a lot of stuff from Midway even with their annoying shipping and packages that arrive looking like they came from a war zone. I just scored 200 .224 60gr V-Max and 200 .357 125gr XTP pistol bullets on Monday. They are tracking to be here Friday.

I scored 800 rounds of Winchester M183 5.56 at a fair price from them in December and received it within a week.

I won't backorder anything these days because I can't stand the uncertainty.

I may try Mid South based on all of the positive comments I hear.

charlie b
02-10-2021, 09:18 PM
I am another that goes to Mid South first. Then Midway or Brownells.

tiny68
02-12-2021, 08:06 PM
I ordered a bunch of discontinued bullets from Sierra and got them 3 days after I placed the order. Super surprised. I got enough quarter bore bullets to wear out the barrel on my new 25-06. They still have a few bullets left. Loaded up on 70 gr HPBT 243s as well but they are all gone. https://www.sierrabullets.com/products/bullets/discontinued/

Luck, Tim

Monkeymaster
02-13-2021, 09:56 AM
Still waiting on backorder 429 diameter 240 grn jhp and set of dillion dies.
Here in NE Iowa
Shelves are bare of powder and primers.
Bare of standard pistol/rifle/shotgun shells.

Things on shelves are, shotgun shell duck waterfowl loads, some Turkey loads, and some jugs of triple 7 and pyrodex
Black powder substitutes.

Thought the holy grail of finds would be primers, but powder may become harder to get.

Thanks for the replys
God bless America, she needs it.

PhilC
02-13-2021, 12:14 PM
I also took advantage of Sierra's discontinued sale, 44 Mag 220gr Tournament Master JFP, $25/100 & free shipping.

GaCop
02-14-2021, 09:00 AM
Still waiting on backorder 429 diameter 240 grn jhp and set of dillion dies.
Here in NE Iowa
Shelves are bare of powder and primers.
Bare of standard pistol/rifle/shotgun shells.

Things on shelves are, shotgun shell duck waterfowl loads, some Turkey loads, and some jugs of triple 7 and pyrodex
Black powder substitutes.

Thought the holy grail of finds would be primers, but powder may become harder to get.

Thanks for the replys
God bless America, she needs it. Pretty much the same situation here in middle Georgia. Primers made from "unobtainium", very little powder and bullets.

JeepsAndGuns
02-15-2021, 01:47 PM
Local sporting goods store here gets a trickle of primers in every so often, but they go quick. They seem to have plenty of federal large pistol magnum, which works out good for me because I use them in 44 mag and 50AE. They limit you to 400 though, but over the past month or two, I am up to around 2k of them. I did luck out last week and just happened to walk in there when they opened a 5k box of small pistol mag (which I use for 357 mag). I bought my 400 and text one of my friends when I left (it was right before they closed).
Overnight they restocked on quite a few different powders. 10+ pounds of most. My friend got there on his lunch break (11am) and all the SPM primers were gone and there was only 1 pound of varget left (they opened at 9am). They limit you to 2 pounds of powder.
I went there over the weekend and they still had most of the powders except for a couple popular ones. I got a pound of 3031 (works good in 308 for me) and a pound of win 748 (works good in 223 and 308).

I have found x-treme bullets has stock on bullets most of the time. I ordered 1k 357 158gr round nose flat point (good for target/plinking)
I also lucked out thanks to the above friend and he found a company online that had new starline 357 mag brass in stock (I had been looking for any 357 brass I could find for a couple months with no luck). I had never heard of the company but decided to give them a try. I got 500 new for $124 shipped. Not great but not bad. That should set me up for 357 brass for a long time.

257ack
02-15-2021, 02:31 PM
Local sporting goods store here gets a trickle of primers in every so often, but they go quick. They seem to have plenty of federal large pistol magnum, which works out good for me because I use them in 44 mag and 50AE. They limit you to 400 though, but over the past month or two, I am up to around 2k of them. I did luck out last week and just happened to walk in there when they opened a 5k box of small pistol mag (which I use for 357 mag). I bought my 400 and text one of my friends when I left (it was right before they closed).
Overnight they restocked on quite a few different powders. 10+ pounds of most. My friend got there on his lunch break (11am) and all the SPM primers were gone and there was only 1 pound of varget left (they opened at 9am). They limit you to 2 pounds of powder.
I went there over the weekend and they still had most of the powders except for a couple popular ones. I got a pound of 3031 (works good in 308 for me) and a pound of win 748 (works good in 223 and 308).

I have found x-treme bullets has stock on bullets most of the time. I ordered 1k 357 158gr round nose flat point (good for target/plinking)
I also lucked out thanks to the above friend and he found a company online that had new starline 357 mag brass in stock (I had been looking for any 357 brass I could find for a couple months with no luck). I had never heard of the company but decided to give them a try. I got 500 new for $124 shipped. Not great but not bad. That should set me up for 357 brass for a long time.
Jeeps and guns, What store are you refering to? I'm in Kennedy, (Lamar co.) and I cant find anything, Thanks, Jerry