PDA

View Full Version : 35 whelen build

Fowler53
02-06-2021, 02:18 PM
I have recently bought a Shaw 35 whelen barrel and I'm looking for a stock to buy for it. The barrel is a magnum style and I for the life of me can't seem to find a magnum contour stock for savage 110. Anyone have any ideas on where to look?

GaCop
05-01-2021, 07:27 AM
Just saw your thread so chiming in late. You'll probably have to use a sporter stock and open up the barrel channel to take the wider barrel. I use sanding drums on a drill bit extension, makes the job a lot easier.

Robinhood
05-01-2021, 05:43 PM
I use dowels wrapped in sandpaper. I tape the edges to protect for an oops. I like the sanding drum idea. GACOP , do you use an undersized one and just work it slowly...?

efm77
05-03-2021, 04:38 PM
As others have said, likely will have to sand the barrel channel a little. Or you could get a stock with the varmint contour channel if you don't mind the large gap. It seems all the stocks are either listed as sporter or varmint channel, with no in-between.

GaCop
05-20-2021, 06:38 AM
I use dowels wrapped in sandpaper. I tape the edges to protect for an oops. I like the sanding drum idea. GACOP , do you use an undersized one and just work it slowly...? Yes, and I too tape the channel edges with electrical tape.