PDA

View Full Version : Stock change

liltank
11-16-2010, 08:36 PM
Hello fellow Savage shooters. It's been a while, but lets get down to buisness. I have been trying to find an after market stock for my Savage Mod 12 Low Pro. It has the DBM which is proving problematic ??? when trying to find an aftermarket stock to suit. So the question is, If I order a stock with a blind magazine, can I use sharp shooters supply make well lug to make it a single shot with little to no fuss with out having to use the DBM? I know that I will need a different trigger gaurd. ::) I really like one of the Stocky's laminates, but it is only for the blind mag. I really don't have the money for the H-S that will fit my gear. Any help would definitly be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tank

pdog06
11-16-2010, 09:45 PM
You can use a SSS single shot follower for a centerfeed action and it'll work just fine. Or, you could send your new stock to SSS and they will inlet it for the DBM system. If I remember correctly he stated he could do it for around $50.

liltank
11-16-2010, 11:13 PM
Thanks pdog. Have to look in to that.

Tank

Captain Finlander
11-17-2010, 01:47 AM
+1 on the single shot follower. I used one in my BVSS with great success.

Try Stockade Gun Stocks, http://www.stockadegunstocks.com/
I have one of their finished woodchucks for my custom 223AI and they were very helpful in fulfilling my custom requests.