PDA

View Full Version : Barreled action won’t fit in B&C stock

TMcCloskey29
02-05-2021, 11:13 PM
I recently came across a barreled action for a Savage 111 in 7mm rem magwith a top bolt release for a great price, so I bought it with intentions of fixing it up to be my western rifle. According to the original owner, the rifle came with a blind mag. I ordered a Bell & Carlson sporter stock, and the appropriate (or so I think) magazine well, magazine, trigger guard, and action screws. While attempting to assemble the rifle, I noticed that it is impossible to get the action to seat correctly in the stock if
the magazine / magazine well is seated fully in the underside of the stock, and vise versa. In the photos you can see that either the action or the magazine is sticking out when the other is pressed into their correct spot in the stock. To make things more frustrating, the front action screw that I ordered from Midway is 1/4” too long. Does anyone have any constructive input?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210206/f254da81f41ae5e087359910b24dc025.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210206/b2ac5b5fa06a3e93e43394ed7484bbad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robinhood
02-05-2021, 11:46 PM
Is it possible that you have a staggerfed action and a centerfeed Stock and or a combination of mismatched parts.

What action do you have? Centerfeed or staggerfeed?
What stock? Centerfeed or staggerfeed?
What magazine/DBM do you have? Centerfeed or staggerfeed?

jonbearman
02-10-2021, 03:17 AM
Like robinhood says and one other note is the accutrigger will not fit a one for the original trigger. It can be machined away to make it fit. The front screw you odered was likely for a factory stock. I just buy button head screws at the local hardware and cut them to length.

nksmfamjp
02-10-2021, 07:32 AM
I would remove the trigger and magazine and see how it fits. Then add them back one at a time.

my guess right now is the sear is hitting up front.

Idaho
02-11-2021, 10:18 AM
I have a BVSS 25-06 with a stagger feed magazine, that mag is/was attached to the action and stayed with the action when the action was removed from the stock. I ordered a Choate Tactical Custom stock and had a similar issue. The mag well in the stock was not deep enough to allow me to seat the action into the stock. The action would bind up real bad. I had to remove the magazine from the action (love YouTube) and then the action seated nicely into the stock. I suggest you do the same. Remove everything you have for the new magazine and see if the action will fit into the stock then go from there to see if you can figure out what is binding up. You may simply need a different mag setup. (BTW, I converted my rifle to a single feed and love it)

Megastink
02-13-2021, 07:34 PM
Is the magazine well sitting level and flush in the stock? I had this issue with a McMillan recently. I had to file the mag a little to get it to fit. Take a photo of the magazine in the stock.