PDA

View Full Version : Savage 110 - 1961 production Year - what is today's Market Value

MrHerman
02-04-2021, 06:00 PM
Hi everyone- I have a Savage model 110 in 30-06 Cal. fairly good condition ( I would say at about 85% - 90% or so ) I like to get a general idea what this rifle is worth in today's market , where could i get some info..-
help will be appreciated
Thanks

Newtosavage
02-04-2021, 09:05 PM
Like I said in a post about these rifles just days ago, they are worth exactly whatever someone is willing to pay for them. Nothing more or less. I know that's not a lot of help, but I'll give you an example of what I mean...

I bought my 1960 110 in excellent condition, for just $249. A few weeks later, a guy at my gun range offered me $1k for it.

So the value of yours is probably somewhere between those two numbers. In my case, mine was worth more to me than the offer I received because I wanted it. And that's all that really mattered.

hamiltonkiler
02-04-2021, 09:18 PM
I’m in at 249$ if you have ammo 399$
[emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PhilC
02-05-2021, 12:18 PM
What a buyer is willing to pay.

Orezona
02-06-2021, 12:44 AM
There is an annual gun blue book. It will help you on percentage and a decent starting point and may also identify any characteristics that add or subtract value. After all of that, it comes down to what a buyer is looking for and the market is bringing. An advanced search of competed sales on GunBroker will also help you determine the current market. Good luck.

PhilC
02-06-2021, 02:10 PM
FWIW, my 2005 issue of Gun Digest (last one I bought) shows a 110 manufactured 1963 or earlier, in excellent condition, as valued at $200.

I'd use GunBroker to see what current market is paying for 110's of that vintage what with pandemic values and all.

JMHO, being the pre-66 110s have a unique bolt, barrel, and trigger assembly that is not interchangeable with later models, detracts from the desirability and flexibility most want and can find with later models.

Pandemic values aside, an unmolested pre-66 110 in excellent condition might bring $300 - $400, which is right in the ballpark with Newtosavage's recent acquisition.

Mine, which is one of the first 100 off the assembly line, in my family for over 53yrs, and was manufactured same year I was born, is priceless. ;)

Newtosavage
02-07-2021, 10:23 AM
As far as I'm concerned, the stock on my 1960 110 is, by itself, worth what I paid for the rifle. You just can't get a dark walnut hand-checkered Savage stock that weighs only 27 oz (with recoil pad) anymore. Nevermind all the character it has after 60 years of use.

Same is true for me of the action and yes, the bolt. That Mauser style ejector throws brass 100x better than today's Savage bolts do. In a hunting rifle, I really like that. And, if you're handy at all, you can put a new trigger system, even the stock accutrigger, on one of those old pre-66's pretty easily.

jonbearman
02-10-2021, 03:15 AM
According to the blue book of gun values it is around $385.00. Now if someone will pay more good luck. It is also based on a like new gun. Again if it is really nice 400.00 - 500.00 would be out of the question right now. The Blue Book of Gun Value's is the bible to anyone who really wants real today price's.

Newtosavage
02-11-2021, 11:50 AM
Anyone noticed the OP hasn't been back?

MrHerman
02-19-2021, 09:58 PM
Hey everyone, thanks for all your valuable opinions- I did take my savage to a Gun dealer to see if he could fit me a nice rubber Recoil pad , his advice was not to touch the original metal butt pad , he told me it would affect gun's value - he went as far as to offer to take gun in consignment and try to sell for me at $650 - NICE to Know - BUT - Im not selling , specially now that I know more about it, Thanks You All !!

Newtosavage
02-20-2021, 02:28 PM
Hey everyone, thanks for all your valuable opinions- I did take my savage to a Gun dealer to see if he could fit me a nice rubber Recoil pad , his advice was not to touch the original metal butt pad , he told me it would affect gun's value - he went as far as to offer to take gun in consignment and try to sell for me at $650 - NICE to Know - BUT - Im not selling , specially now that I know more about it, Thanks You All !!

Keep it and use it. That's what I'd say. I'm repurposing mine with a new barrel and I plan to use the crap out of it. These rifles are good good to sit in a closet or safe somewhere.

MJ11
02-20-2021, 11:17 PM
I'm am not an expert on anything but these what is it worth posts are very interesting in many ways and are best served with a photo or two.

Even a semi decent photo can be enough to get a close value from site like this one with so many knowledgeable people.

https://i.imgur.com/sQGjMFR.jpg

Just my observation.

Your rifle sounds like a keeper.