PDA

View Full Version : The wait for impulse

Pages : 1 [2]

E6Chevron
08-14-2021, 12:45 PM
I think the barrel change will be accomplished with 2 parts:

A Barrel with Extender, and a bolt head as a matched pair, with appropriate headspacing already set by adjusting the threading of the barrel into the extension, and checking the headspace.

The Impulse Hexlock bolt action lockup arrangement, locks into the grooves in the short or long shank extension.

This allows the Impulse to use 110 style barrels.

The bolt head can be removed from the Bolt in about a minute, without tools. This is described in section 2.7 of the owners manual. https://www.savagearms.com/DAM/assets/pdf/Manuals/2021-01-11-11-01-28-3633.pdf

99 K 30-30
08-25-2021, 07:45 AM
There are NO 6.5 Impulses for sale anywhere.

shoots100
08-26-2021, 09:19 PM
There are NO 6.5 Impulses for sale anywhere.
I looked on every gun auction site and there aren't any Impulses in any caliber for sale !

JASmith
08-27-2021, 07:53 AM
Are there any hints about bolt heads for the 7.62x39 and its many offspring?

AbitNutz
09-19-2021, 10:10 PM
I think the barrel change will be accomplished with 2 parts:
A Barrel with Extender, and a bolt head as a matched pair, with appropriate headspacing already set. Because of the Hexlock action lockup arrangement, I do not think barrels from non-Impulse models can be used in the Impulse.

The bolt head can be removed from the Bolt in about a minute, without tools. This is described in section 2.7 of the owners manual. https://www.savagearms.com/DAM/assets/pdf/Manuals/2021-01-11-11-01-28-3633.pdf

I don't think that's correct. I have read seveal places and seen seen Savage YouTube videos where they have said that all barrels that use their barrel nut system will work. This is providing they use the same shank size, which is the large shank. The head bolts of course do not interchange but the barrels do. The head spacing is accomplished the same way as before, by adjusting the barrel in or out and using Go, No-Go gauges then tightening the barrel nut.

AbitNutz
09-22-2021, 10:54 AM
I don't think that's correct. I have read seveal places and seen seen Savage YouTube videos where they have said that all barrels that use their barrel nut system will work. This is providing they use the same shank size, which is the large shank. The head bolts of course do not interchange but the barrels do. The head spacing is accomplished the same way as before, by adjusting the barrel in or out and using Go, No-Go gauges then tightening the barrel nut.

I found this at https://www.gunsweek.com/sites/default/files/archive/contents/rifles/articles/savage-impulse-launch/Savage_Impulse_FAQ.pdf

Q: Are there components of this rifle that are compatible with the Savage 110?A: Yes. The barrels, magazines, and AccuFit components are compatible with other Savage Model 110s

J.Baker
09-29-2021, 11:56 AM
Well, after talking to Savage yet again today, looks like I'm looking at sometime in November now as the ETA for my Impulse Predator in .22-250. Hopeful, but definitely not holding my breath.

AbitNutz
09-29-2021, 12:03 PM
Well, after talking to Savage yet again today, looks like I'm looking at sometime in November now as the ETA for my Impulse Predator in .22-250. Hopeful, but definitely not holding my breath.

I feel for you. I'm now a hunt for a Savage Impulse BIg Game in 300 WSM. I've never see one of those for sale, ever. I have set up searches in Gunbroker but so far no joy.

J.Baker
09-29-2021, 03:05 PM
There's definitely something going on with these given their scarcity. Whether it's a production issue, supply issue, labor issue or whatever there just doesn't seem to many getting out of the factory.

shoots100
09-29-2021, 07:38 PM
There's definitely something going on with these given their scarcity. Whether it's a production issue, supply issue, labor issue or whatever there just doesn't seem to many getting out of the factory.
Unless you want a hog hunter in 300 win Mag.
I think Savage is going to trickle out other impulse rifles until all of those 300 Win Mags on Gun Broker sell first.