PDA

View Full Version : Savage 110 trigger parts.

Puffy
02-03-2021, 03:34 PM
HELP!!! I have a older (1990) 110 action that I want to build on. I do not have any trigger parts or magazine box parts, I want to build a 300 Win Mag on this action. Does anyone have or know where I can get a sear, sear pin, sear spring, detent pin,safety assembly, and magazine box and follower?????? I have searched everywhere I know of with no luck!!

Newtosavage
02-03-2021, 08:41 PM
HELP!!! I have a older (1990) 110 action that I want to build on. I do not have any trigger parts or magazine box parts, I want to build a 300 Win Mag on this action. Does anyone have or know where I can get a sear, sear pin, sear spring, detent pin,safety assembly, and magazine box and follower?????? I have searched everywhere I know of with no luck!!

Good luck on the sear. If you have an FFL who will order one for you from Savage, and if you have an actual part number (or rifle serial number that you can take from the action you have), then you might be able to get one.

Another option is a Jard setup, which has an integral sear. But if you don't already have a 3-position safety that uses the spring detente, you'll have to get their safety and you're looking at $220+49 bucks.

Numrich has a lot of Savage parts in stock, but you have to know your model number and sort through their parts list and schematics to figure out what to order. It's doable, but tedious.

I wish you luck.

Puffy
02-04-2021, 12:43 AM
Thank you. I am just gonna go with the Jard trigger assembly and save myself the hassle of searching all over. By the time I buy the rifle basix trigger and all the other parts, I will be at the same money anyway.

Newtosavage
02-04-2021, 11:52 AM
Thank you. I am just gonna go with the Jard trigger assembly and save myself the hassle of searching all over. By the time I buy the rifle basix trigger and all the other parts, I will be at the same money anyway.

If the Jard would have fit my build, I would have done the exact same thing. A person's time (and not having to deal with FFL/smiths) is certainly worth something. Good luck on your project.

Robinhood
02-06-2021, 05:53 PM

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/savstevspgfld/rifles-sav/110-series/110b-series-j

Newtosavage
02-07-2021, 10:24 AM
I've bought a lot of parts through Numrich, but they won't sell you a sear. You gotta go to Savage for that and have an FFL # handy.

Texas10
02-07-2021, 10:47 AM
I've purchased two sears through my local gunsmith and both times the transaction went smoothly and fairly quickly. I think the longest I waited was two weeks and that was during the current pandemic shutdown issues. I gave him the serial number of the rifle and even part number of the sear, although that wasn't necessary, and it was a simple call and place the order job. Easy peasy.

Robinhood
02-07-2021, 11:31 AM
I've bought a lot of parts through Numrich, but they won't sell you a sear. You gotta go to Savage for that and have an FFL # handy.

The great thing about Numrich is that they have part numbers for you to give your GS so he can order the correct parts.

Newtosavage
02-07-2021, 06:23 PM
The great thing about Numrich is that they have part numbers for you to give your GS so he can order the correct parts.

Are those part #'s shown on the Numrich's website their numbers, or the actual Savage part #'s?

Robinhood
02-07-2021, 07:37 PM
Savage part numbers

Newtosavage
02-08-2021, 11:43 AM
Savage part numbers

Interesting, because they don't match up with other Savage part numbers I've sourced from other places (including this site).

Robinhood
02-08-2021, 06:25 PM
Interesting, because they don't match up with other Savage part numbers I've sourced from other places (including this site).

OK, you got me. BTW, what are the part numbers for the discontinued 1990 3 screw trigger and the rest of the components?