PDA

View Full Version : Axis aluminum magazine catch, dimensions

Lakon
02-01-2021, 09:17 AM
Frequent lurker, first-time poster. Amazed at the wealth of info on the site, was hoping for some help regarding part dimensions.

Recently acquired a LH Axis in 243, decided to make a scratchbuilt laminated Birch stock for it. The stock is coming along quite well, it's now time I concentrated on the additional parts (mag catch and trigger guard) that I need to complete it. I plan on making them out of aluminum stock. For my needs, a magazine catch identical to the one meant for Boyd's stocks would be ideal.

I live in Canada and shipping any gun parts from the US is very difficult and/or cost-prohibitive, hence the DIY catch plan!

If someone on this board has such a catch, would you please measure the dimensions I am looking for? Determining the height dimension (Z) would probably mean that the part would need to be removed, so I guess I can live with only the X and Y dimensions.
I guess it really need not be an aluminum part, a standard plastic mag catch dimension would suit me fine.

My best ESTIMATES are: X= .900", Y=.540" and Z=.350" , I'm sure I'm way off, hence for the request for help. Thanks in advance.

https://i.imgur.com/W8fdhXo.jpg