PDA

View Full Version : Savage 110 Hog Hunter Magazine Issue.....

RCoulter52
01-28-2021, 06:12 PM
Is anyone having problems with the Savage 110 Hog Hunter in 350 Legend feeding.

I had issues with the rifle from day one. I notified Savage and they suggested a new magazine. As a former mechanic, I agreed. Go with the cheapest possible solution first. A new magazine arrived within three days, Same thing. At this point I tried putting only 3 rounds in the magazine, as it was always the fourth round that got sideways on me. It seemed to work.

I, again, contacted Savage and explained my testing procedure. The rep asked if I would like to try a third magazine or send the rifle in, under warranty. Now, you all have to understand, I haven't even got to put a single round down range yet, so I said let's try another magazine.

The magazine arrived about 2 hours ago. I loaded 4 rounds of Winchester 145 grain FMJ, and proceeded to chamber rounds. Fourth round? nose down in the magazine! Again, I loaded only 3 and it functioned just fine.

Since it is a hunting rifle, 3 rounds plus one in the chamber will suffice. So, what would you do..... send it in for warranty repair or let it fly as a 3 + 1 rifle?

Randie
Fort Smith, AR

Robinhood
01-28-2021, 06:40 PM
Tweek da lips ever so lightly on one of the magazines. You want the cartridge to nose up a little.

RCoulter52
01-28-2021, 07:25 PM
Tweek da lips ever so lightly on one of the magazines. You want the cartridge to nose up a little.
I had read about that and the poster even had pictures to go along with his step by step instructions, but I have been unable to find the article again! I'm not even sure if it was on this forum or one of the other forums I belong to.

Randie
Fort Smith, AR

DeltaPapa
01-28-2021, 07:35 PM
I have the same problem if I try cycling the action too fast.
I just slow down pushing the bolt forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RCoulter52
01-28-2021, 08:20 PM
I have the same problem if I try cycling the action too fast.
I just slow down pushing the bolt forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Someone posted on another forum to load the magazines up and let them sit for a few days and try again. I just stuck 4 rounds in all 3 magazines and will report back on Monday or Tuesday if it did any good.

Cycling slower seemed to work with the magazine I received today. I haven't tried it with the other two yet.

I just want them to work so I can see what this thing will do at the range! :biggrin-new: I have it AND a Mossberg MVP Scout Rifle, in .308, I need to get sighted in. Ammo is in short supply, but I can always roll some more, at least for the .308. I'm still working on the bullet situation for the 350. I have a few 180 grain .358 diameter bullets I am going to run through my Lyman Lubersizer in a .356 die and see how that works.

Randie
Fort Smith, AR

Totosdad
02-04-2021, 02:21 PM
I have same problem with a110 Varmint in 223. I have to squeeze the mags up in order to chamber the 4th round

GeorgeS
02-04-2021, 05:42 PM
I had that on a 110L .338 Win. Mag, The magazine follower was in backward. I flipped it around and never had that problem again.

I had the problem on a LH Rem. 700 .22-250. I replaced the magazine spring and voila, the problem disappeared.