PDA

View Full Version : Zero Press?

Gavin_UT
01-26-2021, 09:55 PM
Hello. I'm new to this forum, but I've been reading posts here for some time. Has anyone used an Area 419 zero press?
I have read a few reviews and watched the videos on Gavin Tube and by F-class john. I got crazy and ordered one, hope it lives up to the price.

Bill2905
01-26-2021, 10:26 PM
I saw a video on it a few months ago. Will be interested to hear about your experience with it.

Gavin_UT
01-26-2021, 11:08 PM
I'll post as soon as I can reload and takes some measurements. I currently use a Coax and/or a Dillion 550 with mods.

Txhillbilly
01-27-2021, 12:14 AM
419 seems to always be awfully proud of their products. I doubt their press will produce ammo any more accurate than any other brand of reloading presses on the market.

Gavin_UT
01-27-2021, 02:56 AM
419 seems to always be awfully proud of their products. I doubt their press will produce ammo any more accurate than any other brand of reloading presses on the market.

You may be correct. There have been a few tests to measure runnout of the ammo and tolerances of the press. My Forster Coax produced better ammo than my Herter, Partner, Rock Chucker and Dillion 550. After some upgrades to the Dillion, it was even.
Ultimate Reloader did a pretty comprehensive test of quite a few presses. Time will tell on the Zero.
After reading most of Bryan Litz's and looking at the testing that was done, I think the shooters ability, wind reading and barrel quality are the largest factors. Every little thing makes a difference though, it is just how far you are willing to go crazy.

Jester560
02-02-2021, 12:29 PM
I have a Lyman All American 8 turret that produces sub moa ammo to 1800 yards in my .300 Win Mag. Realistically, how much better can it get?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

JeepsAndGuns
02-02-2021, 01:26 PM
Never heard of this company or the press. Had to look them up to know what ya'll were talking about. I watched the video on their site.
Best thing I can use to describe it, is a shadetree mechanic watching what the people in nascar use to build their engines. Way more than I would ever need for the type of reloading and shooting I do. However if you do ultra long range shooting and have very high end rifles, I can see this being the cat's meow.

Orezona
02-02-2021, 02:47 PM
$1200 bills!

charlie b
02-02-2021, 08:43 PM
I have a Lyman All American 8 turret that produces sub moa ammo to 1800 yards in my .300 Win Mag. Realistically, how much better can it get?

Lots :)

My Lee Loadmaster makes sub-MOA and even 1/2MOA ammo if I do all the steps correctly (and shoot well). The Zero is for those who are looking for 1/4MOA and volume. That's another level of accuracy.

Jester560
02-02-2021, 09:56 PM

My Lee Loadmaster makes sub-MOA and even 1/2MOA ammo if I do all the steps correctly (and shoot well). The Zero is for those who are looking for 1/4MOA and volume. That's another level of accuracy.I get 1/4moa out to 400 with my Savage Axis 22-250 in a Boyd's At-One Thumbhole stock. It is not that hard to do.

Orezona
02-02-2021, 10:53 PM

Fuj'
02-03-2021, 07:46 AM

Pretty much my sentiment.

Txhillbilly
02-04-2021, 12:36 PM

My Lee Loadmaster makes sub-MOA and even 1/2MOA ammo if I do all the steps correctly (and shoot well). The Zero is for those who are looking for 1/4MOA and volume. That's another level of accuracy.

There are so many different factors that come into play when it comes to absolute accuracy. The reloading press that is used in making the ammo is so far down the list.
The quality and precision of the reloading dies have more to do with it than the press that is used. I've been using two Lee turret presses for all my reloading needs for several decades, and have many loads in many different cartridges that will shoot in the .1" - .3" range groups consistently when the dummy behind the trigger does his job.

The people that buy Area 419 stuff are the same type of guy's that buy expensive cars. It's a "Look at what I have" thing!

Fuj'
02-05-2021, 08:39 AM
The people that buy Area 419 stuff are the same type of guy's that buy expensive cars. It's a "Look at what I have" thing!

How true, and that goes for other brands. Look at what front rests are
commanding in price ??