PDA

View Full Version : How do you remove the rear screw from the bolt assembly to replace the handle?

NickDPT
01-21-2021, 01:41 PM
Good afternoon. I've got a few Savage 110s that I'd like to replace the bolt handles on with the heavier "tactical bolts." I've watched videos on YouTube about how it's done, the difference being that when I remove the bolts from the assembly, there is a piece obstructing the insertion of an Allen wrench to remove the rear screw. How do you remove the bolt without engaging that?

Robinhood
01-21-2021, 01:51 PM
It needs to be decocked if the rifle has a cocking indicator. Puch the cocking piece pin of of the cocked position. Now you can insert the wrench. It will need to be tightened then coked when it goes back on. You can do that by using the corner of a table or board.

NickDPT
01-21-2021, 02:20 PM
It needs to be decocked if the rifle has a cocking indicator. Puch the cocking piece pin of of the cocked position. Now you can insert the wrench. It will need to be tightened then coked when it goes back on. You can do that by using the corner of a table or board.

That did the trick. Thanks very much for the help!

Robinhood
01-21-2021, 06:41 PM
I was busy building shelves and was in a hurry like usual...spelling errors everywhere. Glad you got it!