PDA

View Full Version : B17/B22 Series: B22 g

whit
01-09-2021, 08:09 AM
I have been looking into a new 22 lr. rifle. As I approach my 50th birthday, I realize that I never had a nice brand new .22 rifle. I have an old Marlin model 80dl that was an auction purchase when I was young and didn't have the money for a new gun.My thoughts are for a nice wood stock, iron sights, and bolt action. Unfortunately, given the recent increase in gun purchasing and the manufacturers unable keep up with demand, my local gun shops don't have any in stock. For those of you that have one, how nice is the wood? In my mind,I am looking for something much nicer than the wood stock Mark II.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Bar Nuthin
01-09-2021, 09:22 AM
Good luck, sir! If you're able to get one, please post some pictures and let us know your thoughts.

JB77
01-09-2021, 10:42 AM
I have a Mark II BTVS and the stock is beautiful in my mind. Got mine thru my local gun dealer $415.00

Fasteddie01
01-09-2021, 02:08 PM
Hi and welcome back to the fold ;-) I've had a Savage 64 for a few years and don't recommend it - if you're wanting accuracy. It's fine for a 'plinking' rifle but 1" accuracy is about the best to expect. I just bought a B-22 FV in Sept and have been very pleased - getting 1/2" groups of 5 occasionally with mid-priced ammo like SK Standard, CCI-SV, Federal Gold Medal. I still have hope of making that more regular and more 'smaller'. I've had some groups around 0.3" but I'm not the most 'deliberate' shooter, too. The FV has a 'heavy varmint barrel' which aids accuracy and will allow more shots before getting too hot. Unfortunately I haven't seen any in wood stock with heavy barrels. But I find the rotary mags much better than a stick mag - NO protrusion under the stock to catch on things. And I've heard the A22 is about as accurate as the B, and both are slightly better than the M-IIs. YMMV
Good luck shopping ;-)
Ed

B22G
02-04-2021, 10:29 AM
I'm late replying here. I purchased one around two years ago. The stock on mine is plain in relation to grain figure. The stippling makes it look a lot better. I really like this gun and shoot it every time I go out. Finding one now will be a challenge.