PDA

View Full Version : Savage 111 stock upgrade

haulinbass08
01-08-2021, 05:58 AM
Long time lurker here, starting to do some mods to my rifle....so I bought this 111 in .300 Win Mag and absolutely love the rifle but hate the stock. It is a DBM, bottom bolt release LA and I am not seeing very many options for a stock out there.
I really like the Grayboe Terrain stock and they are supposed to be in the process of making a stock for these rifles.
My goal is a lighter weight mountain/hunting rifle. The factory stock is too light, maybe hollow is the more correct word. I added sand to get some mass in there and it is more comfortable but a lot heavier. I’m thinking a solid fiberglass stock will be a better option.
Any other input to this dilemma?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robinhood
01-08-2021, 05:53 PM
Your option are limited but I would call Kevin Rayhill at Stockade Stocks and ask him what he recomends. 6-8 month weight

You could go Boyds and get a laminate or hardwood.

haulinbass08
01-08-2021, 07:08 PM
I like the look of the Stockade stuff as well. Very much like the Grayboe it seems. I’ll give them a call and see what he says.

Robinhood
01-08-2021, 07:37 PM
What model Greyboe fits a Savage?

haulinbass08
01-08-2021, 08:22 PM
What model Greyboe fits a Savage?

None of them yet. I sent them a message and asked if they had one that fit, specifically the Terrain. The reply I got was that they were working on one and hoped to have it out in the next few months. That was back in Nov. so I’m waiting to hear back from them.

longbarrel
01-11-2021, 09:42 AM
If you have woodworking skills, Richards Microfit has some stocks in their :special offers" bargain bin, or you can get in line for a custom stock. Either will need bedding and sanding/finishing. They have walnut, maple, laminated wood.