PDA

View Full Version : HELP Model 116 300 win B&C stock

GrantKopplin
01-05-2021, 04:21 PM
hey everyone, I found some threads that went over this but I am having the hardest time finding the parts needed and the savage parts department seems to never want to answer their phone. currently been on hold for over an hour. but I have a savage model 116 300 win mag with the bottom bolt release. i was given a bell and Carlson stock for this rifle for Christmas and this correct stock for this rifle but i apparently need the bottom metal or a combination of parts to switch to this stock. I was hoping someone could point in me the right direction of what parts to get or where to get them. or could this rifle be switched to a breach load if I swapped this stock for the right one for that from bell and Carlson? I've never modified a rifle or changed stocks before so I am very new to this. like the rifle, just want a better stock on it.

Robinhood
01-05-2021, 08:56 PM
Sounds like you need a DBM frame and bottom plate if the stock is inlet for a removable magazine. Probably find the set for around 150 or less. Make sure you get the right one for your stock/trigger guard.

The Faq section has lots of info.
https://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?325-Choosing-the-Right-DBM-Stock-Bottom-Metal-Parts-Tutorial

Grumpy Bear
01-06-2021, 12:02 AM
You gotta wait for a while but recently the rep said they had all the parts in stock. What do you currently have? Plastic bottom frame and axis style box mag? Metal bottom frame? Need more info.