PDA

View Full Version : M10 sba

Muskies
01-03-2021, 09:25 PM
I picked up a savage m10 sba in 6.5 creedmoor.
The rifle has the top bolt release and cheap plastic stock with a blind magazine.
what options do I have for stock? I’d like to convert to a mag feed.
I’m leaning towards a choate tactical stock.

isacpotatoes
01-03-2021, 09:29 PM
For the most part, Savage actions are distinguished by their bolt release when it comes to stock compatibility. Savage 10’s have options for Bell & Carlson, HS Precision, MDT, GRS. You can get a bottom metal for those, or retain your same one. Aftermarket allows for AICS pattern mags. Let us know how it shoots, haven’t heard much on that specific model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lonestardiver
01-03-2021, 09:33 PM
MDT will be a drop in with use of AICS magazines as mentioned previously. With the Choate, I believe you need to buy additional bottom metal pieces and have the stock modified to use them to add detachable magazine capability.

Muskies
01-03-2021, 09:35 PM
I picked it up for 427 out the door I didn’t figure I could get hurt to bad on a m10 action. It’s definitely not a lrpv that I had a few years ago in 22-250ai

Muskies
01-03-2021, 09:56 PM
I’ve been eyeing the magpul stock that’s coming available this spring is that basically a drop in ready to accept magazines with no modifications? Just drop my barreled action into the magpul hunter and good to go ?

celltech
01-03-2021, 10:25 PM
I’ve been eyeing the magpul stock that’s coming available this spring is that basically a drop in ready to accept magazines with no modifications? Just drop my barreled action into the magpul hunter and good to go ?
Looks like it... Could also go with an Oryx chassis, they are totally plug and play.