PDA

View Full Version : BBR Rifle in a TBR Stock

JoeJoe
12-30-2020, 11:02 AM
To be brief, can this work (assuming I can figure out a way to deal with bolt removal)?

For a bit more detail....I have a TBR rifle that I'd like to put in a chassis. This will leave me with an empty TBR stock, and a 2nd BBR rifle that needs a new stock.........I'd like to utilize the empty stock I have it possible.

Thanks!

Grumpy Bear
12-30-2020, 11:39 AM
I believe it works with some slight inletting. I dont have two taken apart in front of me right now to confirm but I think so with minor inletting. Put them together see what rubs, carve a little away. I believe the top release stock will have a little gap there where the top release would have gone and you may need a weee bit of removal inside the trigger guard so the bottom release button can slide freely.

kwarw1
12-31-2020, 12:50 AM
I just got done doing it. the steps I did was:
fit the bottom bolt release trigger guard. you're gonna have to remove some material around the rear action screw for the bolt release lever. then when you can get the action to set in there with your action screws loose see if you can move it back or forth. That helps you figure out the recoil lug. if it does move push it forward then tighten the screws and check the bbr for function. If the rifle is too far back you won't have enough travel with the bbr to release the bolt!!! if it works, good. I took masking tape and wrapped it around the stock and action to create a reference point, then cut it with a razor blade.
Next I removed the action and bed the recoil lug with JB weld being careful to get it right on the money with the tape reference marks, tightened the action screws and let it setup a while. I saved the leftover so I knew how it was doing and to keep my impatient self from messing with it to early.
That's where I am at this point I will bed it later if it gives me problems and maybe pillars as well. Good luck

Txhillbilly
12-31-2020, 08:48 AM
I don't speak in abbreviation's, so what the hell is a BBR & TBR?

Never mind, I saw in the last post where it was about the position of Bolt Release's.

kwarw1
12-31-2020, 09:05 AM
it got me too.I had to think about, almost got a brain cramp.that's how I ended up replying.

JoeJoe
12-31-2020, 11:49 AM
Well.....I just realized that I'm an idiot (I think)......after reading through kwarw1's response, and thinking it all through, it dawned on me that I already have Accurate Mag bottom metal on this Top Bolt Release stock.....so I suppose the barreled action should fit fine since the action screw spacing matches, but I'll probably need to figure out a cleaver way to access the bolt release.

Too many irons in the fire, apparently, I should have never forgotten about that :rolleyes:

kwarw1
12-31-2020, 12:13 PM
Well.....I just realized that I'm an idiot (I think)......after reading through kwarw1's response, and thinking it all through, it dawned on me that I already have Accurate Mag bottom metal on this Top Bolt Release stock.....so I suppose the barreled action should fit fine since the action screw spacing matches, but I'll probably need to figure out a cleaver way to access the bolt release.

Too many irons in the fire, apparently, I should have never forgotten about that :rolleyes:
you're fine, try setting it in there and see. you can probably get by with just getting the bbr trigger guard right and in letting around the rear pillar. I was lucky cause I had the old plastic bbr stock to compare against. the bbr trigger guard is taller (goes deeper in the stock). you'll figure it out once you try to set it in there. good luck.