PDA

View Full Version : Jard Axis Trigger

Robinhood
12-22-2020, 10:12 PM
Could it be a game changer? Who has one?
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/wCcAAOSwgj9efl-1/s-l300.jpg
https://www.jardinc.com/jard-savage-axis-trigger-system

charlie b
12-22-2020, 11:06 PM
Costs almost as much as the rifle itself ;)

mjcmichigan
12-22-2020, 11:19 PM
I can tell you a good trigger really helps, but holding rock solid perfect helps cheaper.

My savage 12 in 223 has a 12 oz trigger, and I don’t let many people shoot it because it’s so easy to let one fly..

Don’t put you finger in the trigger guard until ready to shoot.

I’d tell you the 1:9” twist and a good trigger are a happy combo.

I’m sure you be happy with that 14oz trigger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ninner
12-23-2020, 12:31 AM
That would be nice in my 308 target build but it’s twice what I paid for the donor 270.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robinhood
12-23-2020, 01:07 AM
A trigger is the difference in a 300 dollar rifle and a 600 dollar rifle. I have always felt that the axis was a POS due to the trigger. Lots of guys try a lot of things to get their 110s and Axis to shoot. Barrels, Stocks rail, rings and 1500 dollar scopes.....and triggers. If your budget is 300 for a rifle and scope, this trigger may not be for you. :p I'm the guy who has a stockpile of SSS triggers.

NicfromAlabama
12-23-2020, 01:23 AM
I put the Rifle Basix SAV-1 in my Axis. 14 oz as advertised. Yes, it took me a bit to fine tune it, but it is perfect. $220 is a bit much to me because of that. But, a nice trigger is very important to me.

prdatr
12-23-2020, 10:00 AM
I put the Rifle Basix SAV-1 in my Axis. 14 oz as advertised. Yes, it took me a bit to fine tune it, but it is perfect. $220 is a bit much to me because of that. But, a nice trigger is very important to me.

Same here. I think I have it set to about 1.5 lbs but I'd have to verify that again. I use the rifle for hunting so it is fine for me. If I were to do a build for strictly a target rifle the Axis would be my last choice. 11oz is ok for a target rifle but I personally would want something under 4oz.

Mr.Snerdly
12-23-2020, 10:05 AM
I know I am an amateur and most of you are far more experienced and better marksman but I think the varmint spring in the Axis is plenty good enough. It says 1 1/2 # in the 110 but in the Axis mine is below 1#. I don't know if the Axis trigger is enough different that the varmint spring gets you lower than the 110 but it definitely is a light trigger. I also took a plastic hammer and tapped on the action area and it wouldn't go off that way. It is plenty good enough as far as I can tell and a very economical way to do it.

NicfromAlabama
12-23-2020, 02:33 PM
I have done the ball point spring modification on some of the accutriggers and have achieved under a 1 lb pull.

The last trigger I installed was a Rifle Basix SAV-2. I got it to 4 oz. I would not call it absolutely safe, but it is on a target rifle. It took me a long evening adjusting on it to get it right.

Robinhood
12-23-2020, 03:47 PM
The last trigger I installed was a Rifle Basix SAV-2. I got it to 4 oz. I would not call it absolutely safe, but it is on a target rifle. It took me a long evening adjusting on it to get it right.

This was on a 110 nic?

The jard is different as in the SSS trigger if I am looking at the mechanics correctly....?

NicfromAlabama
12-23-2020, 09:12 PM
This was on a 110 nic?

The jard is different as in the SSS trigger if I am looking at the mechanics correctly....?

I installed it on a Cabela's 12FV. I swapped the barrel for a Criterion 6mm BR barrel and it is also in a HS Precision stock. I have yet to shoot it.

prdatr
12-24-2020, 11:21 AM
I installed it on a Cabela's 12FV. I swapped the barrel for a Criterion 6mm BR barrel and it is also in a HS Precision stock. I have yet to shoot it.

Sounds like a rifle with a lot of potential.

NicfromAlabama
12-24-2020, 12:52 PM
Sounds like a rifle with a lot of potential.

That's my hope. I put together a 6.5 Creedmoor before that one and it has a Shilen barrel and HS Precision stock. It shoots great. I can only hope the 6mm BR does as well.

It has an awesome trigger at least. My Creedmoor only has a modified Accutrigger that is somewhere under 1 lb. I bought another SAV-2 trigger for it, but I have to really get in the mood to install it. I like a good trigger, but I hate messing with them.