PDA

View Full Version : Manufacturer Turnaround Time

JoeJoe
12-18-2020, 03:23 PM
Hey Folks,

I sent a Model 10 back to Savage a couple weeks ago in hopes of getting a trigger repaired that was firing when I closed the bolt (not an expert, but seemed like the notch in the trigger wasn't catching the sear like it should).......anyhow, I realize it takes time for things to be shipped, repaired, shipped again, and so on, so my question is...at what point should I be reaching out to Savage to check on the status of this repair? I don't want to be a pest.

Thanks
joe

godale
12-18-2020, 03:24 PM
I would say a month to check up on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas10
12-18-2020, 07:54 PM
I experienced 5 to 6 weeks long before the whole covid shutdown. A month might not be too soon to start checking up on it.

Robinhood
12-18-2020, 09:34 PM
should have asked here before you sent it in. You would have never lost sight of your rifle.

Texas10
12-18-2020, 11:17 PM
[QUOTE=JoeJoe;483213]Hey Folks,

I sent a Model 10 back to Savage a couple weeks ago in hopes of getting a trigger repaired that was firing when I closed the bolt (not an expert, but seemed like the notch in the trigger wasn't catching the sear like it should).......anyhow, I realize it takes time for things to be shipped, repaired, shipped again, and so on, so my question is...at what point should I be reaching out to Savage to check on the status of this repair? I don't want to be a pest.

Can you describe how it was firing upon closing the bolt? Never heard of that and should not be possible with the safety blade, so this would be quite interesting.

JoeJoe
12-19-2020, 02:04 PM
Basically, when I pushed the bolt forward, the sear would release. Since the safety blade was not depressed (ie, no finger on the trigger), the firing pin did not release, so I suppose the blade did its job. I also found that pushing the bolt forward with very light pressure was ok, but closing the bolt handle would then cause the same issue.

Slowpoke Slim
12-19-2020, 02:07 PM
It's kind of a moot point to ask now, but I'm curious anyway, did you adjust or alter the trigger pull on the trigger at all, from "box stock" setting?

JoeJoe
12-19-2020, 03:04 PM
It's kind of a moot point to ask now, but I'm curious anyway, did you adjust or alter the trigger pull on the trigger at all, from "box stock" setting?

It did this right out of the box. I did remove the stock to take a look, and I felt all the machining on the trigger parts looked very rough (also looked at 2 other Savages I have and they didn't look this way). It appeared the trigger was set to the lightest pull weight, so I adjusted it heavier until this issue stopped. That happened at nearly the heaviest setting.