PDA

View Full Version : Burris Fullfield II E1 report

KMW1954
12-17-2020, 04:11 PM
I just picked up one of these Burris Fullfield II E1 scopes to replace the KonusPro 275 3-9X40 that was on my Axis 223 when I purchased it used.

First impression is I really like this scope. It is a 4.5-14X42 model and it swapped right out on the rifle . Bore sighted it Tuesday and test shot it @ 50yds to see if it was on paper and if it was anywhere near POA. First 3 shots left 2 holes, one just right of center in the bull and the second was just right and level with that other hole. Then after closer review the center hole was actually 2 holes as the hole was not circular and slightly larger tan the other. The next three shots were all just above the first two holes and two of the three were inside the bull. I then moved quickly to the 100yd range and the shots of course opened up as I was rushing now as it was getting dark and I was also already getting cold as it was only 34* out there. Plus I was playing with the focus and the parallax adjustment. I only fired 9 more shots at 100yds and called it a day.

So I am first impressed with the Savage Axis, next with the scope and lastly completely surprised with myself. I cannot wait to get back out and shoot more only this time using ammunition that has been worked up for this gum with the other scope.

One of the main selling points for me with this scope was with the E1 reticle. So far I Love it. It's clear, bright and not in my opinion cluttered like so many are with the Christmas tree and I also like the thin lines

Nomosendero
12-19-2020, 01:16 AM
I think they are a good scope for the money, I have a couple of E1 3x9 scopes

8mm RUM
12-19-2020, 09:41 AM
Same scope I have on my 8mmrem mag.
So far it is very good. I'm able o do a soft ball sized group at 500 yards.
In the dim overcast morning or last light it is a tad lacking but as I said no problems so far.

big honkin jeep
12-21-2020, 09:14 PM
I'm a Burris fan. I've had really good results with their optics over the decades and never needed their warranty. Currently have 5 of the E1s 3 3-9 X40s and and 2 3-9X50s. One of the x50s must be a distributor exclusive because it has a standard duplex reticle I don't think I've ever seen cataloged. Don't know why they discontinued the 3-9x50s. Great low light economical hunting setups. My older USA made Fullfield 2s are still chugging right along and one of them even rode a .300RUM for a while. Gotta love a product with a lifetime warranty you don't need :)

KMW1954
12-30-2020, 04:46 AM
With work, weather and Dr. appointments I haven't been able to get out and shoot again and now the weather has really turned to doggie doo-doo.

stomp442
12-30-2020, 09:11 AM
I've got one in 6.5-20x50. Great scope for the money. I use it as my spare to do load development with while I wait on other scopes to come in. It has always been reliable.