PDA

View Full Version : 300 H&H on a Savage 110 mag action...

dfm
11-14-2010, 04:41 AM
The action seems long enough and the boltface is good-to-go. I'm guessing all I need is the proper length magazine box. Am I correct? If I am what part # do I need to finish the project? Thanks.

GaCop
11-14-2010, 08:58 AM
Check Midway USA or Brownell's for magnum length magazines/followers. I would imagine the 300 win mag box would also work for the H&H.

pphreed
11-14-2010, 11:07 AM
I think you will have a problem getting the 300 hh length in the magazine for a 300 wi n however you can open up the mag and extend it plus the feed port can be opened up to accept it I have done 2 and I have limited tools if you pull your bolt aa the way to the stop look in side the reciever and you will see there is a lot of room to extend the loading port to the rear you calengthen the mag a bit and you have it long enough mine don't look pretty when you take the stock of but function fine A gunsmith should be able to do a nice job with the right tools avilable Fred

Captain Finlander
11-15-2010, 02:32 AM
I am concerned that you might need to modify more than the magazine. Does the bottom of receiver opening offer enough room for a full length H+H?