View Full Version : LRH Wild POI shifts and another issue

Pages : 1 [2]

olddav
12-18-2020, 02:17 PM
Not all of the others but many responses responded as though they did not read my posts or have very little experience.
Thanks

I think I read about this in the book How to win friends and influence enemy’s, but I can’t remember in what context.

Nomosendero
12-19-2020, 12:51 AM
Yes it was a little blunt, I gave that some thought and have no wish to upset anyone but it was also the truth.

mattri
12-22-2020, 05:47 PM
Any luck?

Nomosendero
12-22-2020, 09:25 PM
Any luck?

No Sir, not yet. I got busy with hunting and work is crazy busy right now. I hope to address this again in mid Jan.
There were several good tips here and I will be factoring those in to be sure. It was much appreciated.

I will report my findings

Robinhood
12-23-2020, 03:55 PM
I think I read about this in the book How to win friends and influence enemy’s, but I can’t remember in what context.

Close
Dale Carnegee "How To Win Friends and Influence People."

olddav
12-23-2020, 08:01 PM
Close enough to make the point.

Nomosendero
12-27-2020, 02:09 PM
And I made mine, why not just drop it after a couple of weeks unless someone wants to stir the pot.
I already said I was a little blunt and I am sorry for that, but again what I said was true.
Thanks to the many kind and good responses.

olddav
12-27-2020, 02:15 PM
I was responding to Robinhood. As far as I can tell it had been dropped, and you?

Nomosendero
12-27-2020, 02:35 PM
Oh but of course! Me, I am fine.
I am hopeful we can discuss the matter at hand, at least the ones who have an experience or knowledge to share.
Like I said before, after hunting season I will report my findings.
Thanks again to those with logical comments!

big honkin jeep
12-27-2020, 02:43 PM
So it seems from the original post that all the different ammo is grouping, but just not to the same POI. I have had one load shooting bug holes before and another not even on paper at 100yards on more than one occasion with known setups.
Pretty sure the answer here is zero it with the ammo you're gonna hunt with.
I think it's fairly obvious given the known facts that ammo was the only variable.
Based on this I think that 8mm RUM was on point with his assessment...

Nomosendero
12-27-2020, 03:17 PM
So it seems from the original post that all the different ammo is grouping, but just not to the same POI. I have had one load shooting bug holes before and another not even on paper at 100yards on more than one occasion with known setups.
Pretty sure the answer here is zero it with the ammo you're gonna hunt with.
I think it's fairly obvious given the known facts that ammo was the only variable.
Based on this I think that 8mm RUM was on point with his assessment...

Perhaps and I certainly won't ignore that suggestion. And it's possible that even if the barrel is good that those POI swings may be more than normal, after all, one has to be the worst that I have experienced, right?
But the reason it has not been obvious to me is with all the good rifles that I have owned I have never seen such wild swings. Granted, I have seen and expect some POI shifts with different loads but as a general rule for me at least, if you have a real quality barrel those shifts are minimal but I have never seen any rifle, even with a rifle that groups poorly to have such crazy swings with every different load. This is with me testing easily rifle numbers in the 3 digits. But again, many this rifle is just crazy sensitive in this regard.

Remember too, the fact that this rifle would barely sight-in with a zero base and a Zeiss V-4 scope. That's why I believe some of the other tips will likely prove to be the case.
But we will see hopefully in a couple of months. I would love for it to be the load only thou, that's the easy one to fix.
Thanks

Grumpy Bear
01-01-2021, 10:00 PM
Take the brake off and inspect inside the end of the muzzle. I am no expert but just recently bought a threaded model and I am seeing what I can only imagine is significant marks from being chucked up and indicated to cut the threads, some of them go up to the crown. Maybe depending on the base of the bullet, angle of the boat tail etc, an uneven gas release is affecting another bullet type more significantly. Or I may be entirely wrong altogether but made me think of my new rifle when I read your problem.

Nomosendero
01-02-2021, 12:51 AM
Thanks, I will check that

J.Baker
01-04-2021, 02:57 AM
Yes it was a little blunt, I gave that some thought and have no wish to upset anyone but it was also the truth.

No need to apologize - you called it dead on and I see it here and on every other forum and social media every day. People read the headline and maybe the first line or two of a post and then knee-jerk respond without reading all of it. More often than not people also don't bother to read all the replies which is why it's not uncommon to see someone respond on page 2 or 3 with the same thing someone said in an earlier reply on page 1. I'm guilty of it myself at times, so not trying to call the kettle black here, just pointing out the obvious that is the internet mentality these days.

mattri
01-04-2021, 09:59 AM
+1 have had it happen more than once.

Right now on another forum I’m battling this very thing.

Have to agree with OP on this one.