PDA

View Full Version : Canadian members?

Canuck Bob
11-13-2010, 05:05 PM
Wondering about availability of after market parts in Canada?

Any well stocked Canadian sources?

Any luck getting parts from the US?

Availability of left hand stocks for Canada?

Savshootr
11-13-2010, 05:22 PM
Mystic Precision specialize in Savage work and products and Jerry is a lot of help. Ordering from the US is sometimes difficult with some items that can't be exported and some that can. The confusion for us seems to come from the fact the some companies have export permits and some do not. I have found the US dealers very helpful when they can be and willing to explain the situation if you ask. I have had orders from Boyds and Brownells recently without too much issue. Brownells deleted a recoil lug I had ordered because the manufacturer did not have an export permit but this was no issue because they explained the reasons when I asked why. I havent done much in stock searching but you could try Robertson Composites, Ian Robertson is very active on the CGN site. Hope this helps, all of us north of the border are hoping SSS is going to be able to send stuff to us again soon.

Stever
12-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Yes, the Bush restrictions sure put the boots to us WRT parts. It's sad the Fred (SSS) isn't sending us stuff anymore. I ordered a bunch of stuff through him over the years. Boltheads, bolt handles, scope rings, KF mounts, etc.

Moosetracker
12-04-2010, 08:15 PM
+1 on the SSS problems with export to Canada.

As it stands it's practically impossible to get such parts as bolt head assemblies and other Savage parts in this country. What a sad state of affairs when your laws miss the target and hit the innocent. Normally it's called "collateral damage", but in this case it's planned collateral damage. :'(

ellobo
12-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Actualy its called beaurocratic bulls**t. There is absolutely no reason for it but politicians acting like crazed
fools with nothing constructive to do but harass the law abiding. And the proof is it has accomplished nothing but creat a hardship. Dont get me started. I could go on for pages.

El Lobo