PDA

View Full Version : Just joined- .308 10FCP 5R 24" threaded. Been target shooting but first kill with it today

bigpun
11-23-2020, 12:42 AM
Hi, all! Decided to sign up and see what y'all are running in your 10FCP for hunting. I bought my beloved in 2011 for long range target and have loved it. AccuTrigger and AccuStock, I haven't felt the need to adjust anything out of the box. It loves the 168gr Federal GMM but didn't want to use that for hunting.

My usual hunting rifle is a Rem 700 .30-06 (my grandfather's gun, nostalgia) but I was out of ammo and the shelves are empty. Over a week of searching and I couldn't find any game loads, but I did find a box each of Speer Gold Dot and Hornady Black in .308 so I grabbed them and headed to the range. The Speer didn't group like the Hornady so I went with the Hornady and took down a doe at 218yds this morning. I'm happy with the performance but am curious about everything else out there but obviously can't afford to buy (due to cost and availability) a box of everything and see what works best. I don't have the capacity or facilities to handload (ultimate dream) so I'm going to try to find a great load and buy bulk of a single production run.

I love my grandpa's gun and hunting with it brings back memories, but the Savage feels so much better. I'm thinking of switching over to it for the remainder of deer season. Wondering if any of you are hunting with the 24" 5R, and, if so, what you have found works best.

Not sure if it's customary to post the rest of the build: Vortex Diamondback 6-24x50 mrad, 20MOA base. Usually don't shoot suppressed but when I do it's a SilencerCo Specwar 762.

Phreddie30.06
11-23-2020, 01:08 AM
Welcome from colorful Colorado

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

GaCop
11-23-2020, 09:18 AM
Welcome to the "Brotherhood".

drybean
11-23-2020, 10:46 AM
Welcome aboard

ragsflh
11-24-2020, 09:29 AM