PDA

View Full Version : Meopta 6.5-20 1 Hour at the Range

kohler
11-21-2020, 06:13 PM
Most incredible Wisconsin November day, blue sky reflecting Lake Michigan and no wind.

Went to the range for further 26 Nosler McGowen barrel break in and sight in of Meopta 6.5-20 with Murphy titanium rail and Leopold quick release low rings. SSS stock with front and back screws tightened at 60” lbs with a beam style driver Learned some things.

Against the blue sky I focused the crosshairs. Shot maybe 12 rounds. The Meopta held steady, no complaints. At 20x scope is a little blurry, I’ll have to compare it my Swarovski Z5 3-18 for better idea of high power resolution. I have advanced glaucoma so don’t put much credence in this one arm juggler’s perspectives.

Second shot gave me a bloody nose (Italian proboscis collects a lot of damage over years), fortunately tung oiled SSS stock shed the drips without staining. The quick release Leupold rings worked as advertised, once I retrieved a piece front the front ring that fell into the wood chips from over loosening the lever. Moved one groove forward, the scope windage was perfect.

Assuming I have no barrel to break in or new scope to work on, I may shoot 10 rounds per year. So to go out and shoot 200 yards and punch tight holes at 200 yards (one flyer) with a barely familiar set up, makes me give credit to the equipment. (target image was hung up with numbers at the top, not sure of the orientation it will post as)

kohler
11-22-2020, 05:12 PM
I took my 260 rem with Z5 to range today. At max 18 power the 1” target resolution is better than the Meopta at 20x. That being said, I flung lead all over the target today, did much better yesterday with the Meopta and 26 Nosler. What a difference a day makes.

want2ride
12-05-2020, 02:49 PM
So i take it the nose is ok?
It feels great to get out on those wonderful days even if all does not go perfect... If you could get the flier under control that is not bad for 200!