PDA

View Full Version : Cocking issues, old 110e

PeteA
11-16-2020, 09:04 PM
Hi all, I started to have trouble with light primer strikes so I disassembled and cleaned the bolt. The firing pin was a bit gummy, but I got it nice and slick.

After reassembly it is no longer cocking when the bolt is operated. Did I do something wrong?

The firearm in question is an old 110e in .223 and is left handed.

Thanks,
Pete

sharpshooter
11-17-2020, 01:17 AM
You assembled the bolt with the bolt body 180 degrees out. It won't cock because the cocking piece pin is on the left side. Easy fix.

PeteA
11-17-2020, 01:52 AM
You assembled the bolt with the bolt body 180 degrees out. It won't cock because the cocking piece pin is on the left side. Easy fix.

Yup, that was it. I didn't take pictures and got twisted around watching videos of right-handed actions.

I had a feeling that I had screwed up something simple but I couldn't figure it out. I came to the right place for the answer! I have been working on this rifle for a while and just started reloading for it. I did some ladder tests and worked up a load but broke the damn thing trying to "fix" it! Now I will be able to try out my new load.

Thanks again,
Pete

GaCop
11-17-2020, 08:23 AM
You assembled the bolt with the bolt body 180 degrees out. It won't cock because the cocking piece pin is on the left side. Easy fix. Been there, done that!!

Leatherstocking
11-18-2020, 10:34 PM
Been there, done that!!
Me too, on a right handed rifle, too.