PDA

View Full Version : 110E .243 short action(first gen 4.522")

CyberTrk
11-13-2020, 06:55 PM
Hello all, I'm looking for help to find a youth stock that would fit this rifle. It's been the only rifle that I've ever hunted deer with(I'm 41) and I'd like to pass it on to my 9 yr old son. I'll continue to research on here but if you have any help I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

CyberTrk
11-26-2020, 09:01 AM
Good morning all and Happy Thanksgiving. A former coworker that is a lot smarter than me with rifles/hunting suggested I cut this original stock(cheap/plain) and replace it with a adult stock when my son grows. I like the idea and wish I would have asked him earlier so I would have more time to prep for our hunting season. I'll have it ready in time and he'll get to shoot it but just feels last minute is all. I see this got more views than I thought and appreciate the interest. Take care

Robinhood
11-26-2020, 09:33 PM
Welcome. Don't expect to be able to replace the stock. They are hens teeth. You might be able to find someone to make a custom but you are probably not ready to hear the price. good luck.

Slowpoke Slim
11-27-2020, 11:15 AM
I ran into the same issue as Robinhood did a few years ago. I was trying to find a stock to replace a broken one and had zero luck. Ended up passing on the deal because of it.

I wouldn't cut yours down until you had the replacement in hand.

yobuck
11-27-2020, 12:04 PM
Id be looking on Ebay for gunstocks.
Not everybody uses sites like this to sell things.
Lots of people pull factory stocks and replace them, and sell the original on Ebay.
Ive bought new takeoff stocks for Rem 700s for peanuts.
My son has a 700 varmit version 223 that wouldnt shoot in the laminated wood factory stock.
All he did was use an ugly green one i had bought for $15 and the thing shoots great.
And you know what, he never even paid me the 15 bucks. lol