PDA

View Full Version : Will not load reliably from magazine

coffeediver
11-06-2020, 09:44 PM
I have a 110 Precision in 6.5 CR. When loading from the magazine, most rounds will jam and not let the bolt close all the way. I have to back the bolt up a little, the round then lines up with the bolt and I can close it and fire. Happens almost every time. Any ideas?

Barry

Robinhood
11-06-2020, 10:11 PM
How fast are you operating your bolt?

coffeediver
11-06-2020, 11:22 PM
How fast are you operating your bolt?

Not very fast at all, just bench shooting, not competition or anything. There is a you tube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmnbe6xSuqk&t=2901s&pbjreload=101, the guy has the exact same issue I do with the loading.

sharpshooter
11-07-2020, 12:37 PM
That is a common problem for the Creedmoor. It is due to the fact that there is only .010" body taper in the case. It has to be started at a more level angle to feed straight into the chamber.

Robinhood
11-07-2020, 12:50 PM
Savage has always had feeding issues with some cartridges. One reason you don't see them in high level competition. Some of us have found ways to resolve them by tweaking this bending that. I will refer this question to Fred Moreo. He is the most knowledgeable on this forum.

Edit: It seems he has already responded.

Mariodave
11-18-2020, 10:10 PM
What magazine are you using?

Leatherstocking
11-18-2020, 10:43 PM
I have a similar issue with 204 Ruger and 26grn Barnes Varmit Grenades. I put a piece of 3/8 dowel with a groove on top in the mag and load like a single shot. Good enough for ground squirrels , I guess.
I tried bending the mag lips with pliers, etc, but could not change feeding from mag. Steel is very elastic, not bendable.
Some other bullets feed okay. You could try different bullets and seating depth.