PDA

View Full Version : Kinda Dead around here lately

prdatr
11-02-2020, 04:55 PM
I guess everyone is busy voting.

lonestardiver
11-02-2020, 05:18 PM
I voted a week ago last Saturday.

Just needing to find time to take my Axis in .300 BO out to the range and sight it in. Looking forward to seeing what the subs and the can are like.

celltech
11-02-2020, 05:45 PM
I was at the range working on loads yesterday...tons of guys there trying to sight in their safe queen deer guns. Looking at the targets my odds are on the deer.

ninner
11-02-2020, 08:53 PM
I need to get a BO barrel I don’t really enjoy shooting subs out of an AR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lonestardiver
11-02-2020, 09:05 PM
I need to get a BO barrel I don’t really enjoy shooting subs out of an AR.

I shoot BO subs in my 10.5” AR with a can. It is quiet enough in an indoor range that my electronic ear muffs don’t cut out the sound. Outdoors you can still hears the cicada’s sing while at the range.

As many .308’s as I have, I do have a 16” .308 barrel I need to put on something. It should make a good Hog gun with a can on it.

Then I have a 110 in .270 I am going to eventually rebarrel to a 6.5x55 Swedish.

One of my .204 Rugers may become something else... If I didn’t already have a Ruger in 6.5 Grendel I’d likely go that route.

ninner
11-02-2020, 09:58 PM
I'm running an obsidian 9 and in long configuration its quiet enough. I don't have a fixed mount yet so I haven't run much blackout through it. I'm patiently waiting for my stamp for my harvester to come in. It's rated for 300 Win Mag so I'll be able to shoot anything I have that will fit through the hole.

lonestardiver
11-02-2020, 10:17 PM
I have a couple rated for 300 win mag. My 46 hybrid handles a .338 Lapua, of which I do not have nor is it on my list to have. But the hybrid works great with the .458 SOCOM. A .45-70 lever action would be a great host for that can too.

All of my .308 cans also do an excellent job with 6.5 Grendel and 6.5 Creedmoor.

GaCop
11-03-2020, 08:41 AM
I voted a week ago last Saturday.

Just needing to find time to take my Axis in .300 BO out to the range and sight it in. Looking forward to seeing what the subs and the can are like. I also voted early 10 days ago. Still had to wait in line 1.5 hours.

GaCop
11-03-2020, 08:44 AM
I have a couple rated for 300 win mag. My 46 hybrid handles a .338 Lapua, of which I do not have nor is it on my list to have. But the hybrid works great with the .458 SOCOM. A .45-70 lever action would be a great host for that can too.

All of my .308 cans also do an excellent job with 6.5 Grendel and 6.5 Creedmoor. SOCOM would be interesting to play with in a bolt action platform. I'm currently working with heavy bullet loads in my 450 Bushmaster (350, 400 and 425 grain gas check and 350 gr 400 gr JSPs.

cm12setx
11-03-2020, 09:58 AM
Not dead here just chasing deer. And no cell service in the woods.

ninner
11-03-2020, 10:00 AM
SOCOM would be interesting to play with in a bolt action platform. I'm currently working with heavy bullet loads in my 450 Bushmaster (350, 400 and 425 grain gas check and 350 gr 400 gr JSPs.

The SOCOM is my go to short range deer round. I need to order a .45 can for it.

lonestardiver
11-03-2020, 10:20 AM
SOCOM would be interesting to play with in a bolt action platform. I'm currently working with heavy bullet loads in my 450 Bushmaster (350, 400 and 425 grain gas check and 350 gr 400 gr JSPs.

I run a Remington 405gr semi jacketed flat point. Just picked up 200 300gr semi jacketed HP’s to try as well. These may have serious possibilities.

The SOCOM could be a fun bolt action round.. It is almost obscene that way that double stack AR mag becomes a single stack for the .458.

prdatr
11-03-2020, 10:33 AM
I was at the range working on loads yesterday...tons of guys there trying to sight in their safe queen deer guns. Looking at the targets my odds are on the deer.

Our local ranges have "sight in" days and bring on a few extra range officers to help out. I didn't put in for a fall tag this year as I didn't know what kind of shape it would be in after stepping on a some loose rocks in February on a Javelina hunt. I was on an old two track and my foot slid off to the side and I fell down. When I looked over my right foot the bottom of it was facing sideways. Of course lucky me I was almost 1/2 a mile from camp hunting alone. It wasn't very painful and I knew I was going to have to walkout so I grabbed my ankle and bent my foot back into place so I could at least stand on it. I had cell service and managed to make a call to my ex who got ahold of my son and they drove the 120 miles up to where I was.
She broke my camp down and he brought me some crutches so I could hobble the rest of the way out to where he was parked. I did manage to go about 100 yards on my own using my tripod as a cane before he showed up and I got the lecture about being too old to be hunting alone.
I mailed my Absentee Ballot in a couple of weeks ago as usual. I have been doing that for about 10 years. Sure beats standing in line or trying to figure out when to go every year. Our early rifle deer hunts started a couple of weeks ago and depending on the Hunt Unit area and number will go through the rest of the year. Usually start off with Junior Hunts, then a week off and then a few days open in certain areas then two more hunts in November and a late hunt in December.

prdatr
11-03-2020, 10:37 AM
I shoot BO subs in my 10.5” AR with a can. It is quiet enough in an indoor range that my electronic ear muffs don’t cut out the sound. Outdoors you can still hears the cicada’s sing while at the range.

As many .308’s as I have, I do have a 16” .308 barrel I need to put on something. It should make a good Hog gun with a can on it.

Then I have a 110 in .270 I am going to eventually rebarrel to a 6.5x55 Swedish.

One of my .204 Rugers may become something else... If I didn’t already have a Ruger in 6.5 Grendel I’d likely go that route.

I took my son on a hog hunt last year for his 30th after finding a guy near Hubbard who does hunts. He had some nice AR-10's in 308 with Pulsar NV Scopes. Those were perfect for those hogs. A bit of a drive but it was well worth it.

rerun5
11-13-2020, 09:30 PM
You've got me. I haven't been here for a while, my bad. We have had a circus going on here on top of the election and COVID. So many personal things, but God is great and He is getting us through it all.
I wish I was chasing deer. I haven't had a place to hunt in years, unfortunately. I have a brother and a few friends who are willing to let me have any deer they don't have room for. That's great but it ain't like the fun of the hunt.