PDA

View Full Version : Why No SA Axis Magazines?

Rosecrans
10-21-2020, 06:04 AM
For the life of me, I can't find a spare Short Action Axis / Model 16 magazine anywhere! Was this happening BEFORE the pandemic or is this the result of the pandemic? baffled by it considering how many there should be out there!
Thanks in Advance!
Looking for one to back up my 7mm-08 Model 16 LWH. It "should" use Savage part# 55232 which also work on Axis rifles as well.

celltech
10-21-2020, 06:31 AM
https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/savage%2055232

And Ebay as well...

prdatr
10-21-2020, 03:31 PM
Good work there celltech.

Rosecrans
10-21-2020, 05:49 PM
I concur! Good work there, celltech! Ebay this morning had none available. (True Short action). 223 and other AR rounds yes and lots of long action. No true short action. Same with the regular cast of online establishments.
Brownells, Midway, cabela, Gunbroker, Midsouth, Precision, PSA, Primary Arms, Basspro and around four more I have bought from before.
I was beginning to wonder if I could find a spare before firearms starts here in Pennsylvania. GAG says it's in stock so hopefully it is and I'll have it by mid week next week. We are a month out right now.

Thanks again for posting a winner!

prdatr
10-22-2020, 05:46 PM
I concur! Good work there, celltech! Ebay this morning had none available. (True Short action). 223 and other AR rounds yes and lots of long action. No true short action. Same with the regular cast of online establishments.
Brownells, Midway, cabela, Gunbroker, Midsouth, Precision, PSA, Primary Arms, Basspro and around four more I have bought from before.
I was beginning to wonder if I could find a spare before firearms starts here in Pennsylvania. GAG says it's in stock so hopefully it is and I'll have it by mid week next week. We are a month out right now.

Thanks again for posting a winner!

A month out eh? That seems a little late. Is the rut over by then?

Rosecrans
10-22-2020, 09:47 PM
One month from now is Pennsylvania's big game firearms season. Bear first then deer season on the first Saturday after Thanksgiving. The rut is just coming on here. Not helped much by two 80 degree days this week! Archery and muzzleloaders are in the woods now! Things happen a little later in the east! :< )
I'll have my spare mag by the end of next week from GrabAGun. The Savage 16 LWH is sighted in. 3 shot groups of 1.5" at 100 yds from that pencil barrel back to back to back is good enough for me. I have a lot of guns that will shoot 5 under 0.75MOA if I do my part. I'm just not carrying those heavy things on drives through thick laural this year. I'm looking forward to the season with this new to me gun!

prdatr
10-23-2020, 03:57 PM
One month from now is Pennsylvania's big game firearms season. Bear first then deer season on the first Saturday after Thanksgiving. The rut is just coming on here. Not helped much by two 80 degree days this week! Archery and muzzleloaders are in the woods now! Things happen a little later in the east! :< )
I'll have my spare mag by the end of next week from GrabAGun. The Savage 16 LWH is sighted in. 3 shot groups of 1.5" at 100 yds from that pencil barrel back to back to back is good enough for me. I have a lot of guns that will shoot 5 under 0.75MOA if I do my part. I'm just not carrying those heavy things on drives through thick laural this year. I'm looking forward to the season with this new to me gun!

Cool sounds like fun. We have an Archery season in August for deer and early rifle bear. We just finished Jr Deer and bear opened back up and today is the opener for early rifle deer for 6 days. Then in a couple of weeks another rifle season and in mid December archery opens back up for some units and late deer. The Mule Deer rut is mid December and the Coues Whitetail rut is late December to Mid January. I broke my ankle hunting Javelina in February and wasn't sure how well it would be for the fall hunts so I just put in for Bonus Points.
My go to rifle is a an early 90's Remington 700 in 7 Mag I bought new. A couple of years I went on a spree to lighten it up and had the bolt fluted by Chad at LRI, Put on a lighter Swarovski Scope, Talley Liightweight Rings and a Manners Carbon Stock. It weighs in at 8lbs 1oz. I'm getting too old to lug around a heavy rifle and frame pack all day and then have to pack out game too. I shot a 1 3/4 three shot group with two of the shots 1/2" apart at 300 yards with HSM ammo with the 168gr Bergers. I shot a Coues Deer in Mexico last year and the bullet hit him midneck at 225 yards and left a 3" hole in the cape where it exited. I am probably going to look at a different bullet for hunting or just start reloading again. Our Antelope just finished up as did Early Elk and Jr Elk. They are still bugleing though and rifle season isn't too far off. Squirrel is going and Quail opened last week and goes for 4 months. Rabbit is all year.

MaddHatter
11-15-2020, 02:54 PM
I found this maybe it will help!!!
https://www.snydermags.com/shop/

Rosecrans
11-15-2020, 10:03 PM
Thanks, Maddhatter. I have an extra mag now and the much better button release version. I appriciate the link.