PDA

View Full Version : 110 high country

billybob
10-14-2020, 08:28 AM
I seen and held one at local gun shop and was really impressed with this rifle ,lots of good features but also big money . Would have been right at $1000.00 otd .:p

YoGerry
02-04-2021, 10:57 PM
I have one in .308, but havn't fired it yet. I tripped into one of those "granny only drove her 1970 454 Chevelle to church on Sunday" deals last week, and still can't believe I have it unfired from the factory. The guilt is strangely satisfying! :) But yea, the fluted bolt and barrel and build are sweet, and not having to instantly go out and buy a chassis is nice. I am still working on getting used to the camo pattern and chocolate colored barreled action. It bothers me that there is a stainless action under there!....

G>

Orezona
02-06-2021, 12:47 AM
I watched a couple videos on them when it first came out. Then i realized the weight of that sucker is anything but a "high country" rifle. And, in my opinion, I wouldn't spend $1k on any Savage rifle. I own three that do what they are meant to do. But cost way south of $1k bills.

jlefud71
02-14-2021, 02:03 PM
I seen and held one at local gun shop and was really impressed with this rifle ,lots of good features but also big money . Would have been right at $1000.00 otd .:p

I have a high country in 300 wsm. I have several other savages and I would say this one is definitely worth the extra money. The barrel and action coating, adjustability of stock and fluted barrel and bolt make the gun. Loving it and it shoots great. I also have a new ultralite in 6.5 PRC and the light weight proof barrel alone makes it worth the money in my eyes. Very pleased with both the new more expensive savages I have purchased. This puts me at 9 Savage bolt guns and one savage AR. By far like the high country and ultralite over the 10 tactical and several 10,16 and axis I have.

YoGerry
02-16-2021, 09:31 PM
I agree! I have had 6 other Savage rifles and most were Axis, or older 10/110's. I paid $550 for this 308 High Country....so at 1/2 price, I will buy em'all day!

Gerry