PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum and Savage

Maktoasty
10-13-2020, 11:57 PM
Hello all,

I'm from mid-coast Maine and have been hunting most of my life but, always had to borrow one of my father's guns to go due to restrictions where I was living. A recent move has changed that restriction and the unfortunate passing of my grandfather left pieces from his collection in my hands.

To celebrate one year at my new house and the coming birth of my firstborn, I decided I would buy my first rifle (first as in not handed down to me). Having always had used firearms, I figured I could save some money going that route and maybe get some story behind it as well. I ended up finding a savage 110 in .30-06 that, while I can't seem to find any way to date it based on the serial number, seems to be from the early 90's as my best guess.

The man I bought it from had bought it second-hand as well in the mid 90's and had used it ever since, hunting all over North America, and having taken all manner of game across the country. Unfortunately, his children were not interested in hunting and after having his shoulder replaced, he could no longer hunt either. Rather than leave it to his kids to go unused or just be sold off, he wanted to make sure it would go to someone who would continue to use it the way he had so, that's what I intend to do.

Anyway, glad to have joined the forum and look forward to being a part of it!

drybean
10-14-2020, 12:43 AM
Welcome aboard

Phreddie30.06
10-14-2020, 10:39 AM
Welcome from colorful Colorado. Dig deep Google dates of manufacture for Savage firearms. I've seen info out there but I did not save it. And as far as I know it could still be out there. Thanks for joining.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

ttexastom
10-14-2020, 11:13 PM
Welcome to the savage family.

Balljoint
10-15-2020, 10:07 AM
Welcome to the SAVAGE BROTHERHOOD

GaCop
10-16-2020, 06:34 AM
Welcome to the "Wonderful World of Savages".

ragsflh
10-16-2020, 09:02 AM
welcome