PDA

View Full Version : Savage Model 10 308

Scimitar
10-12-2020, 02:16 PM
Got a medium weight heavy barrel ( guess that's the varmint weight) fluted and threaded on a small shank side bolt release action. Picked up one of the Bell and Carlson vertical grip tactical stock with the adjustable cheek piece. Put on a APA Little Bastard gen II break. 20 MOA base Seekins Rings and the Weaver 3-15 Tactical ( one that is discontinued but still for sale at Natchez) that's made at LOW.
Still not in love with the accu-trigger. What's best replacement? Anybody have good results with the Rifle Basix SAV2?

pdog06
10-12-2020, 03:56 PM
The Sav2’s are great triggers...IMO about the best out there for a Savage now that Sharpshooter no longer makes triggers. You can achieve a very light trigger pull with it! Mine is extremely light on my bench gun and won’t even read on my pull gauge. No way I would carry the gun hunting with it set that way though.
For a hunting rifle that you’ll be walking with I would recommend a heavier trigger pull than mine. For that the SAV-1 is also a really good trigger and may be as good or better of a choice at a little bit cheaper cost.