PDA

View Full Version : Very happy with my 200

shelbyfan
10-05-2009, 10:16 PM
Shot my Stevens 200, 300 WinMag, for groups today, sighting in at 200 yards zero for hunting.
I am loading 200 Grain Nosler accubonds and have three groups in a row that measure .969, 1.056, 1.002, three shots each.

I also have loaded some 220 Interlocks for grins and giggles. They are consistent at 2'' at 200 yards.

No mods other than a B&C stock that is bedded. Scope is a Leupold VX1 4-12x40.

Extremely happy with this rifle. I think the only future mods to this is going to be a trigger, don't want it to heavy for hunting.

dolomite_supafly
10-06-2009, 04:56 AM
Glad to see it. These are the best value in my opinion.

I have a 223 200. It has shot .3's. It will consistently shoot 1/2 inch with my handloads and 1 inch with factory stuff it likes. All this is at 100 yards. I have tensioned the barrel to cure a heat related drift in POI. It is in a Stockade stock, has a SSS trigger as well as a Stockade bolt lift kit.

I am very happy with my rifle and now that I have found a decent 500 yard range to shoot at I will definately be shooting it a lot more.

Dolomite

savageboy
10-06-2009, 07:48 AM
Which B&C Stock do you have on it?

EVOC ONE
10-06-2009, 01:15 PM
Understanding that recoil in relative to the individual, how do you find it with .300 Win mag and the Mod 200?

Thanks.

shelbyfan
10-06-2009, 11:51 PM
Bell & Carlson Duramaxx. I will say, the factory tupperware shot far better, going from MOA with the factory to 3 MOA with the B&C, then I bedded it. The results make me happy.

As for recoil. I put about 50 rounds through it in the last couple of days and no problems, but I absorb recoil easily. Heavy stock and a nice, cushy recoil pad help a lot. After about ten relatively quick shots I noticed it. I will say, the factory recoil pad does nothing for recoil, I believe they used a piece of tire from a semi. That hurt.

EVOC ONE
10-07-2009, 07:14 AM
Bell & Carlson Duramaxx. I will say, the factory tupperware shot far better, going from MOA with the factory to 3 MOA with the B&C, then I bedded it. The results make me happy.

As for recoil. I put about 50 rounds through it in the last couple of days and no problems, but I absorb recoil easily. Heavy stock and a nice, cushy recoil pad help a lot. After about ten relatively quick shots I noticed it. I will say, the factory recoil pad does nothing for recoil, I believe they used a piece of tire from a semi. That hurt.

:o

Appreciate the info and reply.