PDA

View Full Version : Model 93 FVSS .22 Magnum Problem

MikeMc.
09-30-2020, 09:32 PM
I bought my son a new Savage model 93 FVSS .22 Magnum last Christmas and it would not group well. I sent it back and Savage agreed that it didn’t group like it should so they opted to re-barrel it . 5 months later I got it back because their barrel plant had been shut down for COVID . They sent test targets to show that it groups well but I can’t get a scope to zero now...... not enough elevation adjustment . The scope worked fine with the other barrel, the gun just wouldn’t group. I tried to boresight it with a grid style boresight and it will not sight in, not enough adjustment . I tried different mounts, different scope, shims , and nothing seems to work. Is the barrel on slightly tilted or something????? Is my new gun now junk?? Help me out here if ya can. I have emailed Savage again but haven’t heard from them yet. ....Do you think they will help me again ???..... very disappointed

Woods Wanderer
10-02-2020, 07:20 AM
Are both of your scope rings the same height?
Have you tried switching them to see if any difference?
I had a similar problem years ago and the issue was difference in height between front and rear rings. Switched them around and problem was solved.

MikeMc.
10-02-2020, 06:46 PM
Turns out that the new barrel was bent .127 . A custom rifle maker straightened it for me and now all is good.