PDA

View Full Version : Savage 110 Hog Hunter (New model) top load??

Justin2142
09-10-2020, 07:06 PM
Hey everyone,

is the new detachable box magazine version of the savage hog hunter able to still be loaded from the top, without detaching the magazine? I know you can single load stuff since it’s a push feed, but I wanna make sure I can still load it from the top like my old model. itd be nice to have the new model, where I could top load or detach. Thanks!

BONUS QUESTION: is it possible to change out the bottom metal on this version to convert it to the stagger feed 10 round mags? And if I did, would I have to use aftermarket parts and a new stock, or would I be able to use factory savage parts, etc.

thanks so much for your help :)

J.Baker
09-10-2020, 07:26 PM
Yes you can still top load, but it doesn't work all that well with centerfeed magazines. I had a .22-250 setup with a centerfeed blind magazine, and between having to get the cartridge centered and forcefully push it down through the feed lips it's just a PITA with a scope mounted unless you have obnoxiously high rings to give you ample clearance. I ultimately had Fred inlet the stock for bottom metal to convert it to a DBM.

jpdown
09-10-2020, 07:51 PM
Appears the current Hog Hunter use Axis-style magazine. Goggle Axis 10-Round magazine to see possible options. As Jim said changing mags would be easier than top loading.

DeltaPapa
09-10-2020, 08:50 PM
Tom at Snyder Mags will be building 10 round magazines soon.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk