PDA

View Full Version : Harris Bipod

Pages : 1 [2]

Ted_Feasel
09-08-2020, 06:04 PM
They were the upgrade from the utgs I got from cheaper than dirt years ago

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkBelieve it or not earlier this year I bought a utg that with very little work was solid as a rock

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

godale
09-08-2020, 06:27 PM
Interesting I haven seen one in years . Mine didn’t have the knotched legs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robinhood
09-08-2020, 10:53 PM
This UTG pro bipod is a great product. Short and long shown,

https://leapers.com/images/600X381/TLUBP02_A.jpg
https://leapers.com/images/600X381/TLUBP01.jpg

jps2486
09-10-2020, 02:10 PM
Accu-Tac are really good, but plan on $$$$. I don't like Harris because of the external springs that pinch your fingers. There are a ton of reviews on Youtube which should really confuse you.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bipod+review

tobnpr
09-10-2020, 04:43 PM
I have some Harris pods, but also several Blackhawks.
I really like the pivot/traverse features- much faster getting on target and less effing around. Just get the legs "close" on uneven surfaces and you can swivel/level the rifle as needed without fiddling with the legs to get it correct. I can pivot from one steel plate to another at range without touching the bipod.

https://blackhawk.com/sportsters-traversetrack-bipod/

9"-13" is way too tall for bench shooting- may be OK for prone depending on the individual (or tall grass) but 6"-9" works for me in both applications.

nw3dogs
09-10-2020, 05:07 PM
I have some Harris pods, but also several Blackhawks.
I really like the pivot/traverse features- much faster getting on target and less effing around. Just get the legs "close" on uneven surfaces and you can swivel/level the rifle as needed without fiddling with the legs to get it correct. I can pivot from one steel plate to another at range without touching the bipod.

https://blackhawk.com/sportsters-traversetrack-bipod/

9"-13" is way too tall for bench shooting- may be OK for prone depending on the individual (or tall grass) but 6"-9" works for me in both applications.Blackhawk looks nice. Wish I'd seen it sooner.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Dave Hoback
09-15-2020, 01:22 PM
I use Caldwell & one of the clones called Cvlife. I won’t spend over $40 on a bipod. The Harris are nice, but being I can buy 4 or 5 of the Cvlife units for 1 Harris, makes it a deal breaker. And I certainly do not understand a $300 bipod?? I mean, it’s a perch for the rifle. Literally! A brick could do the job. Eventually I’ll design build my own. And it’ll use mostly 7075-T6 Billet...probably use a touch of Titanium in it because, well... that’s just what I do, LOL! :thumb: But until then, I’ll continue saving a buck here to go to other things. Oh, and I actually prefer 9-13”, but I’m really tall.

godale
09-16-2020, 09:28 AM
I use Caldwell & one of the clones called Cvlife. I won’t spend over $40 on a bipod. The Harris are nice, but being I can buy 4 or 5 of the Cvlife units for 1 Harris, makes it a deal breaker. And I certainly do not understand a $300 bipod?? I mean, it’s a perch for the rifle. Literally! A brick could do the job. Eventually I’ll design build my own. And it’ll use mostly 7075-T6 Billet...probably use a touch of Titanium in it because, well... that’s just what I do, LOL! :thumb: But until then, I’ll continue saving a buck here to go to other things. Oh, and I actually prefer 9-13”, but I’m really tall.

I agree

charlie b
09-16-2020, 02:43 PM
....And I certainly do not understand a $300 bipod?? I mean, it’s a perch for the rifle. Literally! A brick could do the job. Eventually I’ll design build my own. And it’ll use mostly 7075-T6 Billet...probably use a touch of Titanium in it because, well... that’s just what I do, LOL! :thumb: But until then, I’ll continue saving a buck here to go to other things. Oh, and I actually prefer 9-13”, but I’m really tall.

So eventually you are going to machine your own $300 bipod? :) Or just a brick made out of Titanium? :)

While I like bipods, what you are really trying to do is have a bench rest mount that is portable and attached to your rifle. This is then a compromise based on how much you want it to weigh, and cost. How portable does it need to be? How stiff does it need to be? So, like bench rests, you can spend a little or a lot depending on how you want it to work.

I get by with a $75 bench rest or similar bipod. But, I am not trying to shoot 0.1MOA groups either.

Dave Hoback
09-16-2020, 06:01 PM
So eventually you are going to machine your own $300 bipod? :) Or just a brick made out of Titanium? :)

While I like bipods, what you are really trying to do is have a bench rest mount that is portable and attached to your rifle. This is then a compromise based on how much you want it to weigh, and cost. How portable does it need to be? How stiff does it need to be? So, like bench rests, you can spend a little or a lot depending on how you want it to work.

I get by with a $75 bench rest or similar bipod. But, I am not trying to shoot 0.1MOA groups either.

Yes, eventually I will design and machine a really nice bipod that looks like it would cost several hundred $$. Although I’ve already done a basic outline cost of around $100 for materials. Understand, this has nothing to do with wanting an Uber high cost bipod. For me, it’s the thrill of machining a high quality part. Really comes down to my love of machining/making/building parts.

I agree with you also. I’m not looking for groups like that either. Just the best I can.

mikeinco
09-18-2020, 11:27 PM
as usual it comes down to your version of accuracy.
the fclass guys spend hundreds on bipods they provide solid platform and repeatability.
there a few out there still shooting of a harris, but not many and not for long.
like i said depends on your version of accuracy.

mikeinco
09-18-2020, 11:31 PM
crossfire is the very bottom of the vortex line of scopes.
maybe 5 or 6 layers to the top.
i did not say it was bad, but does not take much to be better.

Mine came with the Vortex Crossfire 3-9x-40. So somewhat decent I believe.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

godale
09-19-2020, 09:44 AM
So a crossfire is like a Bushnell banner ?