PDA

View Full Version : New Precision 110 .338 Lapua Magnum trigger click, not fire.

HolderOfTheHorns
09-03-2020, 08:32 PM
I love the new rifle. Trigger is crisp and light.

About once every 5 rounds, it just clicks. No primer strike.
Am I doing something stupid? Like maybe not racking the bolt far enough back?

Or should I approach SavageArms?

Thanks in advance .

BTW, search dumps me out to Google. I'll figure that out.

memilanuk
09-03-2020, 09:41 PM
Is this your first Savage with an AccuTrigger?

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

HolderOfTheHorns
09-03-2020, 09:46 PM
Yes. First Savage of any form.

memilanuk
09-03-2020, 09:55 PM
Generally, what you're describing is the hallmark of someone pulling slightly sideways on the trigger blade. This causes it to rub in the slot of the other half of the trigger shoe, and this trips the sear before the safety blade is fully disengaged. Hence, click but no bang.

I'm not familiar with the specific model you have, but the red-bladed 'target' AccuTrigger is especially susceptible to this.

Traditionally most people's response to being told that they aren't pulling the trigger straight back is denial... but there's a pretty limited number of ways to get the symptoms you described.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

HolderOfTheHorns
09-03-2020, 10:51 PM
Good answer. I'll take it and focus on trigger control.

THANKS.

jpdown
09-03-2020, 11:05 PM
Turn the Accutrigger spring in slight increments to increase pull weight.

Offshore119
09-03-2020, 11:38 PM
It’s scared to fire rolling at $5 per round retail lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas10
09-12-2020, 05:08 PM
You'll know if you've tripped the safety instead of dropping the firing pin when the safety blade is firmly locked up. Simply lift the bolt handle and return to closed and it will reset. No need to cycle the bolt.

If it becomes unmanageable, remove the barreled action from the stock and using the yellow tool provided in the sealed bag included with the rifle, turn the rear trigger screw in a quarter turn and recheck the trigger both out of the stock and then in. Repeat until you have reliable trigger set. There are also shim kits available to shim the sides of the trigger. This allows you to get a light break while still being reliable. https://triggershims.com/

Kev1Doggy
09-13-2020, 06:31 AM
My gun was doing that while trying to shoot local PRS matches! Yesterday was the first one I had shot all the way through with no Savage malfunctions because I had a new Jard trigger in it and it worked perfectly.

Fotheringill
09-14-2020, 10:15 AM
Straight back and as said above, increase pull in increments. I was lucky and never had to go over 8 oz with a target AccuTrigger. My bench buddy had to go up to 10-11 oz pull though.