PDA

View Full Version : Factory Wood Stock

DeadWoodDan
08-30-2020, 05:40 PM
I haven't taken my new Axis apart yet but curious if those rifles that come with wood are a Boyd's stock? I just watched an ebay auction for a stock that looked just like mine advertised as Boyds sell for a fairly good price. I compared my stock to those in auction and couldn't find a difference.

Robinhood
08-30-2020, 07:03 PM
I have always thought the same about the 10/110 Thumbhole stocks. They look identical.

neilis
08-30-2020, 09:08 PM
Yes - if you look at the buttpad on the factory wood stocks it literally says "Boyds" on it :).

Only thing is they're a bit more cheaply made than the ones a consumer would buy from Boyds. The factory stocks are like Boyds' "Platinum" pattern but without the cheekpiece and are made of regular hardwood which I don't think Boyds has available to the consumer (the first step up from laminate is actual walnut).

SavTexan
08-30-2020, 09:30 PM
Link to auction? just to see what it is and went for ! TYVM

DeadWoodDan
08-31-2020, 07:55 PM
Link to auction? just to see what it is and went for ! TYVM

Final bid was 172.50 plus shipping

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Savage-Axis-SA-Boyds-Hardwood-Stock-/143688351328?ul_noapp=true&nma=true&si=ZmitYb1Ig8abYDtqVglg1rTJf3E%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

DeadWoodDan
08-31-2020, 08:28 PM
Yes - if you look at the buttpad on the factory wood stocks it literally says "Boyds" on it :).

Only thing is they're a bit more cheaply made than the ones a consumer would buy from Boyds. The factory stocks are like Boyds' "Platinum" pattern but without the cheekpiece and are made of regular hardwood which I don't think Boyds has available to the consumer (the first step up from laminate is actual walnut).

Had to look. yep they say Boyds!! cannt believe i missed that

kingdombuilder
09-01-2020, 10:18 PM
Boyd's used to make a $ 89.00 wood stock that was the exact stock that was available on wood axis . It was not easy to find on their website buy was available . I believe they removed this option when they came out with the spike camp series.