PDA

View Full Version : B series magazine well

Georgia1948
08-25-2020, 07:05 PM
has anyone here has same problem with brand new B-FVSR series rifle, magazine well ...parts referenced as ...
68 - front magazine mount
68A - e-clip
68 C - front magazine mount washer
being inset too deep, (part #68 front magazine mount) such that it is impossible to LATCH inserted magazines in rifle ???I have a B22-FVSR 22 WMR that is perfect.. and.. a brand new B17-FVSR 17HMR that simply cannot / will not accept factory magazinesI have FOUR new magazines that all work perfectly in the B22 WMR.. but NONE work in the B17 HMR ... will NOT / cannot latch in.. it is NOT the magazines, it is the rifle)

If so, how did you resolve the problem ???
I have not been able to get ANY response at all from Savage Customer Service, other than computer generated auto-response e-mail "acknowledgement"
reluctant to attempt any "fix" myself as it is brand new unfired rifle, never even been loaded...and is under registered warranty.. BUT..
Does Savage Customer Service actually respond to service requests since Savage ownership changed hands a year ago ???

I don't know what to do next

J.Baker
08-25-2020, 11:34 PM
has anyone here has same problem with brand new B-FVSR series rifle, magazine well ...parts referenced as ...
68 - front magazine mount
68A - e-clip
68 C - front magazine mount washer
being inset too deep, (part #68 front magazine mount) such that it is impossible to LATCH inserted magazines in rifle ???I have a B22-FVSR 22 WMR that is perfect.. and.. a brand new B17-FVSR 17HMR that simply cannot / will not accept factory magazinesI have FOUR new magazines that all work perfectly in the B22 WMR.. but NONE work in the B17 HMR ... will NOT / cannot latch in.. it is NOT the magazines, it is the rifle)

If so, how did you resolve the problem ???
I have not been able to get ANY response at all from Savage Customer Service, other than computer generated auto-response e-mail "acknowledgement"
reluctant to attempt any "fix" myself as it is brand new unfired rifle, never even been loaded...and is under registered warranty.. BUT..
Does Savage Customer Service actually respond to service requests since Savage ownership changed hands a year ago ???

I don't know what to do next

I would contact Savage on this one as it could also be an issue with the stock being slightly out of spec (not likely being it's molded, but possible).

Fasteddie01
08-26-2020, 05:13 PM
Hey Georgia - I agree that you should contact CS - maybe call them if you have a #. I'm in Canada and these are prob made in Lakefield ON. I've dealt with both CS in US & CAN with success, but not in the last 2 years. I'm in the process of buying a B22 and have researched a lot on-line. I found this vid from an 'out-of-warranty' owner who 'created a solution, but it would prob void your warranty. Here's a link - http s://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNgnCR-qT8Y
I also read somewhere that another solution was to build that point with JB weld.
I'd work on the CS first tho.
Ed

Fasteddie01
08-26-2020, 05:53 PM
Here are a couple threads Re your problem, too. Like I said, I've been researching this gun, Starting with Jim's (Baker) video review of the B22.

http s://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1193319

http s://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1188943

Hope some of this info is helpful,
Ed

Georgia1948
08-26-2020, 06:24 PM
thanks folks..I have contacted Savage Customer service **multiple** times via their official website contact form on-line, including attachments of proof-of-purchase, FFL trnsfer, parts drawing from manual, etc etc... but NO response other than computer generated auto-reply.. I myself, in those communications, suggested it MIGHT be a problem specific to the "Overwatch" stock.. (which is the SAME exact stock as the std black stock model, just has imprinted camo pattern on it, which I ordered solely because the std black was out-of-stock "everywhere".. I really don't care if stock is camo or black or pink or polka dot, I ain't that proud) .. but upon closer inspection, and relying on the limited one page "parts drawing" included in owners manual, I also suggested to Savage that it more likely was part #68 - front magazine mount being inset a tiny tad too deeply, perhaps/possibly due to part# 68A e-clip or part# 68C front magazine mount washer missing or wrong-sized for shimming, something like..but I am not going to homeboy it.. if worse comes to worst, I will package it up, ship it to Savage on-my-dime, including copies of all prior documents and correspondence I already sent them, asking for a fix or a refund of documented purchase price .. would hate to do that, because I really really like Savage rifles, but it is what it is .. and if it's $350 flushed down a toilet, so be it.. live and learn..I will NOT cobble up a factory brand new rifle without authorized factory service.. in the meantime, I will call their PHONE # tomorrow EARLY in the day, so as to allow time for elevator music time or whatever, and in hopes I do not have to learn to speak Hindi.. (their links to reply to customer service, such as they are, redirect you to some wacko "Zen" outsourced internet based customer service thing, no kidding.. but I did get registered nonetheless, and verified I have a user name and password and there is a record registered re: my service requests, request (#167254 (https://service.savagearms.com/hc/requests/167254)) and request (#167640 (https://service.savagearms.com/hc/requests/167640)) "pending / being reviewed".. not as satisfying as a good cheeseburger...5 days just to read an e-mail and say "send it in" seems a tad long.. but so it goes... the saga continues.. thanks again for your replies above, we do sincerely appreciate any/all feedback !

Georgia1948
08-26-2020, 06:54 PM
thanks Ed, I did read your links.. I am on rimfirecentral also.. however all my magazines go in easily, fit flush very nicely etc, in both my B22-FVSR 22 magnum and in my B17-FVSR HMR.... unlatched mag in B17 looks perfectly positioned same as in B-22 (as long as you hold it in place on the B17 with your thumbs, LOL) .. they simply will not LATCH in the B17, and flashlight visual inspection shows the plastic mag latch notch simply not going quite deep enough to latch in that protrusion on part#68 front magazine mount.. which is why I do not think it most likely is not(?) the molded stock (tho it could be), and more likely those part #68 pieces, mebbe even a missing part 68-C washer, heckifiknow.. if I loaded a mag and used "duct tape" to keep it in place, it probably would work is my guess, ut I ain't going to do that either

Georgia1948
08-26-2020, 07:36 PM
also that youtube video posted by Ed illustrates the #68 parts I reference really well, and how the mag is supposed to fit in and latch.. might photoshop a few screenshots with some arrows and comments to forward to Savage.. shows the stock removed, shows the #68 front magazine mount and #68-A e-clip real well.. (doesn't show the part #68-C front magazine mount shim washer, because he never takes the #68 and #68-A parts off).. the shim washer is underneath front magazine mount.. the e-clip #68A holds #68 & #68C shim washer in place, of course.. my poorly informed and uneducated guess is that they maybe left that shim washer out.. might maybe only take a 1/64th to 1/32nd shim washer to correctly position the front magazine mount... (sorry, not yet allowed to post png images of those screenshots here).. but that video did provide some really good
screenshots

J.Baker
08-28-2020, 02:03 AM
Ever heard of a phone? Faster/easier to get results with a quick phone call and talking to someone in CS directly than being one of who knows how many sending an email because they can't be bothered to dial 10 digits.

(800) 370-0708
Monday through Friday 8:00AM – 5:00PM EST