PDA

View Full Version : 110 short action with long action screw spacing

Dwight
08-18-2020, 01:20 PM
I have a 110LH in .223 but it has the long action screw spacing. I am wanting to change from the blind mag staggered feed to a detachable mag. I also would be interested in rechambering it when I do the new barrel. I. Ant go to a long action without milling out the inlet on the receiver, which I would prefer to avoid. I have located a stock for it, but I am not sure if I will be stuck using the original blind mag.

Anyone know if there is bottom metal that will work with this set up?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

jpdown
08-18-2020, 02:01 PM
I don’t think the LA SF .223 DBM bottom metal your looking for exist.

Ted_Feasel
08-18-2020, 02:03 PM
I have a 110LH in .223 but it has the long action screw spacing. I am wanting to change from the blind mag staggered feed to a detachable mag. I also would be interested in rechambering it when I do the new barrel. I. Ant go to a long action without milling out the inlet on the receiver, which I would prefer to avoid. I have located a stock for it, but I am not sure if I will be stuck using the original blind mag.

Anyone know if there is bottom metal that will work with this set up?

Any help would be greatly appreciatedSharpshooter or robinhood will have a answer for you.. been on here long enough now, I'd almost bet a paycheck on it

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Dwight
08-18-2020, 02:19 PM
Thanks! I'll try to figure out how to get a hold of them

Ted_Feasel
08-18-2020, 05:09 PM
Thanks! I'll try to figure out how to get a hold of themThey will probably see the thread anyways:)

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Deakin
08-18-2020, 10:39 PM
No expert here for sure but tried to convert a stagger feed to DBM and Savage gave me the bad news no can do.

These guys are as good as any Savage person you can talk to and are as good as gold. They will see this and chime in for sure

sharpshooter
08-18-2020, 10:50 PM
I won't say it can't be done, but when you're through, you have the price of a new gun in it. Some of the older models don't lend themselves to modern upgrades.