PDA

View Full Version : Devastating news in my family.

Dave Hoback
08-08-2020, 08:39 PM
Hello guys. I’m sharing this because I have many friends here. I’m most comfortable and I think my tiny bit of knowledge is most appreciated here.

On Thursday evening my sister text me to say my dad was rushed to ER, and it didn’t look good. Now, some back story... my father turned 70yo in June. He was a Marine, Vietnam Vet & exposes to Agent Orange. Besides this ge didn’t really take care of himself. Long time smoker, drinker. He has suffered two heart attacks and developed diabetes along with congenital heart failure. Three years ago he developed an aneurysm of the renal artery in his lower abdomen. He has undergone several surgeries, and had 9 stents implanted. To say my father has been on “borrowed time” is somewhat of an understatement. That said, The Lord has each of our days numbered. He was faked to the hospital with severe back pain & breathing problems. A CT scan revealed what we’ve feared. After his last surgery, about a year ago, his surgeon told him & my mother(a nurse), that nothing else could be done with the renal artery. It was leaking now...and bad. After talking to his surgeon again, who offered to perform another surgery, but gave them the news that he had no hope of my surviving the surgery...my mother & father talked decided on hospice. They immediately started a heavy morphine drip to keep my dad comfortable. My mother stayed with him through the night, and about 6am Friday(yesterday), my father passed away.

I will miss my dad. I am so very sad. But I do know know this normal. My heart is absolutely broken for my mother. I am so proud to have been the child of a lasting marriage. My parents truly were best friends. They were married 49years I believe. (I’m 42).

hamiltonkiler
08-08-2020, 08:46 PM
Sorry brother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stumpkiller
08-08-2020, 09:26 PM
Condolences and prayers for you and your family on the loss of your Father.

Remember the better times.

Glockpride
08-08-2020, 11:21 PM
So sorry to hear this. Prayers for you and your family.

Fuj'
08-09-2020, 07:04 AM
Truly sounds like he has alway's been the fighter. Time for him to rest.

My condolences....

Fuj

PhilC
08-09-2020, 08:30 AM
My sincere condolences to you and your family Dave.

Dave Hoback
08-09-2020, 08:32 AM
I appreciate it my friends.

Nor Cal Mikie
08-09-2020, 09:56 AM
Sorry for your loss. At least no more suffering for your dad. Sounds like he was due for a rest. Prayers for you and your family.

bc160
08-09-2020, 05:44 PM
Dave,
There are no words from us than can help you. However, know that we are here and thinking of you. Good luck

dye7barrel
09-06-2020, 09:10 AM
So sorry for your loss

Balljoint
09-06-2020, 10:02 AM
The Brotherhood of Savage Shooters will always be with you

Bama110Tac
09-06-2020, 11:18 AM
So sorry for your loss. Praying for you and your family through this time.

godale
09-06-2020, 05:42 PM
Prayers I miss my dad and it’s been 21 years so I feel your pain . You have a good surport staff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benmuncie
09-10-2020, 01:33 PM
Dave - I've prayed for you today. I hope you and your family are still sharing good memories of your father.

SageRat Shooter
09-10-2020, 01:46 PM
Truly sorry for your loss. He sounded like a great man.

NicfromAlabama
09-10-2020, 11:44 PM
Dave,

I am so sorry for your loss. My father passed away two months ago. My father was also a Marine. He too was a drinker much of his life. He had a stroke and heart attack and was also a diabetic. He had open heart surgery about a year ago and declined from that point.

Take comfort in the fact that your father,like mine, is no longer suffering from their conditions. It sounds like your dad was well loved and it will get better for you and your mom.