PDA

View Full Version : Savage axis stock price

cgkenn68
08-02-2020, 06:17 PM
My son has a youth axis in 7mm-08 (2015 model). It shoots really well, but he has grown and wants the standard stock. I thought I could easily add a thicker recoil pad to get to the standard LOP, but doesn't seem to be the case. I don't really want the slip on pad. What should I expect to pay for a used or new standard savage synthetic stock? Considered the Boyds but trying to keep it low cost and sounds like I would have to bed it to get it to shoot accurately. Any help is appreciated.

GaCop
08-03-2020, 06:14 AM
You can watch the classifieds here. Earlier this year I picked up an Axis heavy barrel channel stock from a forum member for $30 shipped. They don't show up often though. Place a "wanted" add in the classifieds.

charlie b
08-03-2020, 07:48 AM
The Boyd's will work if you aren't after tiny groups. But, I'd hold out until someone has one you can acquire.

Minooka
08-03-2020, 02:20 PM
Get a boyds spike camp stock for $100, you say it's already accurate. Some people are anal when it comes to accuracy dont go down that road of trying to get smaller and smaller groups just for a hunting rifle

cgkenn68
08-03-2020, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the responses. I even thought about using the rocktite to fill the stock. as I have read on here to add strength. But then insert a block of wood or hard plastic material in the rocktite to allow me to screw on a grind to fit recoil pad. But not sure if that would work. Hate to mess up the stock if possibly one day a grandson inherits the gun and needs the shorter LOP.

Bad Bob
08-11-2020, 12:36 PM
I have a Standard Axis synthetic stock that I took off to install a Boyd's stock. It is short action, new style mag. I will sell for $30 shipped.

wbm
08-11-2020, 05:39 PM
Sent you one Monday. Check your PM's for tracking number.