PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Boyds’ TactiCool stock for 93R17 FV Questions

scamp62
11-07-2010, 10:49 PM
I just purchased a new 93R17 FV yesterday, and I’m looking at getting a Boyds’ TactiCool stock for it.

Question #1: I read were some people have to get new bottom metal, and parts (screws)
How do you know if you need new parts ???
Other then waiting until you have it all in front of you, and then find
that it doesn’t all go together.(I just hate that !)
Question #2: is the model for the 93-E/MKII the right one ?? the “E” has me confused.

Wombob
11-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Yours should be the "E" receiver. HERE (http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307435) is a good receiver compairson with photos.

The Boyds stock should fit nicely. I have read that some need to order new bottom metal but I think that was for the older receivers?? Someone should know for sure.

scamp62
11-26-2010, 11:30 PM
O.K. I got my Rifle home and yes I will need a trigger guard minimum.
This model has the guard molded into the stock !
Can anybody tell me the part number for a trigger guard, and is there any thing else that I might need ??

Wombob
11-27-2010, 05:08 PM
Can anybody tell me the part number for a trigger guard, and is there any thing else that I might need ??

Try HERE (http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-321/Savage-93--fdsh--Mark/Detail)

8)

scamp62
11-27-2010, 09:54 PM
Thanks..........

Rifleman51
12-09-2010, 03:31 AM
The bottom metal you are refering to is the new 1/8th inch thick bottom metal available from www.savagegunsmithing.com.

I got one and it fits and looks perfect.
It does not bend like the stock ones nor cuts or crushes the wood on the wood stocks. Really a great aftermarket accessory.

It's one of the better new things that have come out. Too bad Savage put such a cheep piece of metal on a otherwise almost perfect rifle.

John K

nonnieselman
12-13-2010, 12:33 PM
I see the only stock Boyds has instock is the OD.. has anyone tried painting the stocks?
Id like to have it flat black to match the finish.