PDA

View Full Version : MKII fv/sr w/ Sparrow

numbnuts
07-12-2020, 09:06 AM
Can anyone who runs this combination tell me what size spacer is required? If any.

Do you get good accuracy with this setup?

J.Baker
07-13-2020, 02:20 PM
Maybe I could if I knew what this "sparrow" was that you're referring to. Last I checked a sparrow was a small bird.

jkv45
07-13-2020, 03:53 PM
Sparrow is a SilencerCo suppressor designed for .22.

numbnuts
07-14-2020, 04:43 AM
Thank you. I’ve owned a Sparrow for years but never had it on a rifle. I’ve heard Savage rifles make good hosts.

jkv45
07-14-2020, 08:52 AM
Thank you. I’ve owned a Sparrow for years but never had it on a rifle. I’ve heard Savage rifles make good hosts.

Not sure about any specifics on using the suppressor, but Savage Mark IIs generally do well in the accuracy department - but there can be some that don't. Just like most mass-produced firearms there are good and bad ones.

A big factor that can be overlooked is the torque on the action screws. Some rifles are very picky about the amount.

I've had a Mark II for 20 years, and it has been very good. Recently changed it up with a new stock and scope, and need to do some testing, but accuracy was very good to excellent in the original wood stock.

You might find more info here - https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24

J.Baker
07-15-2020, 05:53 AM

A suppressor didn't even cross my mind. lol For some reason my mind immediately went to a model name for a scope or something.

numbnuts
07-19-2020, 07:07 AM
After years of coveting I now own a Savage MKII fv/sr. I ran it yesterday with my Sparrow on it and it ran great. With the help of a shim kit I was able to get the can screwed on just to the point of engaging the o ring and tighten it. I didn’t shoot for accuracy just for function. Don’t have a scope yet.

rash_powder
07-28-2020, 11:30 AM
On my 10/22 with whistle pig barrel I just remove the o-ring and thread it all the way on. Same on my contender .22 pistol. All the o-ring is is a gas seal. A dab of copper anti-seize and thread it on snug and I have zero issues.