PDA

View Full Version : Long technical question on a savage build

Pages : 1 [2]

Deakin
07-08-2020, 10:39 PM
Sharpshooter, I have seen the trim and the magazine box with the spring, and the original Magazine with the rivet in the middle as I have all the parts just not the right action for this set up. It is the aluminum one. Wasn't easy to find but the old internet and quite a bit of patience I gathered all the parts (I thought) that would let me use this stock, but again I'm not the brightest bulb in the box.

I'll ask this question instead of starting another thread.

I have found a Storm 110 LH in 300 win mag with the accu-stock and interchangeable comb. Will the 2007 116 action fit in this stock? It's cheap enough that I can change the barrel on the 116 use the storm action and sell the rest and recoup most of my money.

Robinhood
07-08-2020, 11:36 PM
read mnbogboy2's post bellow.

mnbogboy2
07-08-2020, 11:41 PM
Sharpshooter, I have seen the trim and the magazine box with the spring, and the original Magazine with the rivet in the middle as I have all the parts just not the right action for this set up. It is the aluminum one. Wasn't easy to find but the old internet and quite a bit of patience I gathered all the parts (I thought) that would let me use this stock, but again I'm not the brightest bulb in the box.

I'll ask this question instead of starting another thread.

I have found a Storm 110 LH in 300 win mag with the accu-stock and interchangeable comb. Will the 2007 116 action fit in this stock? It's cheap enough that I can change the barrel on the 116 use the storm action and sell the rest and recoup most of my money.

Either action should fit in the accufit stock. The recoil lug is shorter in the accufit/accu-stock series because of the aluminum bedding block. That being said, you will have to pull them both apart at any rate to use the "accustock" recoil lug and your 264 mag barrel. Or find an "accu" style lug for your 116.
Also if your 116 is a top bolt release and the 110 is bottom bolt release then the storm action may be better off staying in the stock with only the barrel swap.
Otherwise the stock would need clearance cut for the top bolt release.
It sounds like a good plan and hopefully you can recoup most or all of your investment.
I certainly for one may be interested in that herters stock if the wood was exceptional. Thinking I could convert it to right hand. Can you post a picture or PM one?

Again good luck with this project as it evolves.

Robinhood
07-09-2020, 04:46 PM
Either action should fit in the accufit stock. The recoil lug is shorter in the accufit/accu-stock series because of the aluminum bedding block. That being said, you will have to pull them both apart at any rate to use the "accustock" recoil lug and your 264 mag barrel. Or find an "accu" style lug for your 116.
Also if your 116 is a top bolt release and the 110 is bottom bolt release then the storm action may be better off staying in the stock with only the barrel swap.
Otherwise the stock would need clearance cut for the top bolt release.
It sounds like a good plan and hopefully you can recoup most or all of your investment.
I certainly for one may be interested in that herters stock if the wood was exceptional. Thinking I could convert it to right hand. Can you post a picture or PM one?

Again good luck with this project as it evolves.
Im sorry, I think I missunderstood. MNbogboy is correct. It would be a direct bolt in except for the recoil lug issue.

mnbogboy2
07-10-2020, 12:23 AM
Robin, I must have been typing when you posted last night and never saw your post till now. It took me a bit to figure out what he was asking also.
This has been a good learning post for all of us. Sure hope everything works out for Deakin.